Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

oily skin

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
waveprodigy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waveprodigy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: oily skin
    Posted: January 11 2005 at 1:22pm
yo anyone knows how to get rid of oily skin especially around the nose.
HeySunshine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HeySunshine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2005 at 10:16pm
wash your face?
By the mall, buy them all!
AngelFace View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AngelFace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2005 at 7:24pm
Use a cleanser specified for cutting back oil production.
beck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2005 at 10:29am
i know alot of people will probably disagree with me about this, but sometimes soap is the best remedy. I too have oily skin, and i have tried every cleanser, astringent and product out there. everything from drugstore, to expensive brands. then i read a book about a dr named erno lazlo. he found that everything that happens to your face has to do with the acid mantle, the ph level of your skin that protects it from conditions around us. now of course this dr has his own line of products which are VERY expensive, more than i could afford.. but i took the principles he "Basically" used and my skin has changed more than i could imagine. i take a cotton ball of olive oil, the pure kind and i leave it on my face for 2 min. That freaked me out at first, because i already have oily skin, but olive oil has amazing benefits, from nourishing the skin, to moisturizing without clogging pores. then use a mild soap that is detergent free, perfume free, everything, that is ph balanced, very important. and wash your face with hot water, until it feels squeaky. Hot water is very important to open your pores. finish with a toner of cider vinegar, lightly applied. now, this probably is the opposite of what you are expecting, but it really worked. you have to expect about a week of redness, maybe some dryness, or feeling tight. but it will all be worth it when your skin adjusts. Now my skin is blemish free, and i only use a light moisturizer. i don't even need foundation. my skin glows. Best of all, these things are so much cheaper than what you probably buy at the store now. olive oil, soap and cider vinegar.
aznmitsugrl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aznmitsugrl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2005 at 12:29pm
yeah, my mom used a little bit of olive oil on her skin. and she had bought some Olay Regenerist a while back, and i recently noticed that her fine lines have diminished, but she said she had thrown the Olay away, and was using a mixture of honey and apple cider vinegar. i thought i was kind of weird, but my friend said that her mom does it too. i guess it's a korean mom thing... but olive oil does work. personally, i use proactive because my forehead breaks out some, and it's a great exfoliant. but i also use Olay moisturizer for combination/oily skin.
THE END.

~~deb
MoNiCaxOC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MoNiCaxOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2005 at 3:41pm
Use blotting papers....I think you might be a guy though so it's not like you can carry them around in your purse for touch-ups haha
This is because I can spell konfusion with a K
It's hard to like it
It's to dying in anothers arms
And why i had to try it...
- Something Corporate "Konstantine"
darthmom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darthmom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2005 at 2:47pm
I have it horriby, as does all the women in my family. We also all look about 10 years younger than our age. So in the long run, you will appreciate it. The oils keep your skin from aging as quickly as normal skin.
mark82 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mark82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2005 at 3:31am
To care for oily skin you should start with a gentle, foaming facial wash. This will remove dirt and oil without stripping away moisture. Soak cotton wool in a gentle astringent lotion and sweep it over your skin to refresh and cool it. Even oily skin needs a moisturizer, but chose a light, watery fluid; this will be enough for your skin. Allow the moisturizer to sink in and then absorb the excess with a tissue to prevent shine.
and for more information visit this site
http://www.bestincosmetics.com
miSS Jill View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miSS Jill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2005 at 3:43pm
hey everybody,
Like a lot of people i also have very oily skin, but i found it a little pricey to buy oil blotting sheets for when i need a touch up for my face. But than i noticed that when i get fast food and stuff, the bag it comes in absorbs the grease in the food. yeah, i know it sounds gross. so i decided to cut up little squares of regular lunch bags that you can find at the store for 99 cents and blot my face with it. To my total surprise it removed SO much oil from my face. i didnt even know i had all that oil on my face. i know this idea sounds a little Silly but trust me, it will work. Whats there to lose??
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic