Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Wedding Ring!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Elissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wedding Ring!
    Posted: July 15 2003 at 5:06pm
I am SO EXCITED, I just bought my wedding ring! Less than 10 weeks to go!!!!!

I LOVE it!

Now that I've got wedding ring on the brain, please tell me what yours look like!

Thank you!

Elissa
blushing bride-to-be NOT
[/url]

Jennifer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jennifer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2003 at 5:18pm
I didn't know you have an upcoming wedding -- congratulations!

My wedding ring is very simple -- a thin gold band with a diamond in the middle.
Elissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2003 at 5:28pm
Thanks Jennifer :) And thanks for sharing about your ring. I think gold bands are beautiful and I want to get one of those as well.

I thought my avatar was obvious I am glad I'm not being overly obvious
[/url]

Jennifer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jennifer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2003 at 6:03pm
Quote thought my avatar was obvious

It is -- I sometimes miss the obvious!

I got married.....well....many years ago. A piece of unsolicited advice (yes, I am the one who complains bitterly about people giving unsolicited advice about hair, but my advice should be completely non-offensive): no matter what kind of a wedding you're having, sometimes life can become a little stressful the closer you come to "the" day. One thing to remember is that life, by definition, is not perfect. You may discover someone that you really wanted to invite, and you just honestly forgot. Or, there may be some detail in decoration that you missed, which is obvious. Kindly remember that you are human and entitled not to have the "perfect" wedding. What really, really is important is that you are marrying the man that you love and you are sharing your love with your family and friends. Even with cake or wine spilled on your dress, you will be beautiful. Several months down the road, it won't matter that someone's corsage clashed or that you broke protocol somehow. What really matters is that your day is meaningful for you, your husband, and the people in your lives that mean the most to you.

I sincerely wish you and your husband-to-be immense health and happiness in your new life!

All my best,

Jennifer
Elissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2003 at 6:20pm
Jennifer,

Thank you so much for your good wishes and the sage advice. I can really use that advice.

Even though this is my second marriage and a small wedding (26 guests including us), of course the tendency is to want everything to go perfectly. But life itself is not perfect, and however the wedding day goes down it will be just right. Thank you!!!

And of course you are right, I am marrying the man of my dreams and that is the greatest thing of all! Especially for me, who has been very unhappily single for seven years. This man is way better than I even dreamed him!

Thank you again for your warm, thoughtful wishes. That means so much to me. I think I will have to come back to this thread if I start getting a little crazy. It's been known to happen!

Elissa
xoxoxox
[/url]

tina m View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tina m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2003 at 9:20pm
Congrats Elissa!

Beautiful wedding ring too!
tina
SuperGrover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperGrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2003 at 11:23pm
Yeah! What a pretty ring!

Mine is a wrap. I love it, but sometimes I wish I'd gotten 2 separate rings, I like that look. My wrap is so tight, it looks like one ring! Oh well.

I will post pictures as soon as my computer comes back from the shop! (I'm posting from my husband's.)
"Hair is a part of you. It is not a part of me, because I am a frog." - Kermit the Frog on Sesame Street1b/N/ii ~ ??"/27"/32"
uzma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uzma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 16 2003 at 7:14am
Beautful ring, Elissa. ]
Your wedding is getting closer...yipeeeeeee!!

You are going to make such a lovely bride!! .

Thanks for sharing a little of your joy with us.
Uzi

Lyris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 16 2003 at 7:22am
When is the big day Elissa? Best wishes to you!

I am not married, not even engaged but my faithful companion and I have been together for...well...honestly, we've lost track how long. Almost six years sounds about right. (And I'm only 22, so that's a LONG time!) After he graduates from college this December we'll be able to make some plans for the first time. Given that, the engagement ring I would like a simple solitaire in white gold with just one diamond under .5 carat. I honestly hope he doesn't spend a lot because frankly, I'd rather have a wonderful honeymoon we both can enjoy instead of a big hunk of carbon!
Look for beauty, and you will find no intelligence. Look for intelligence and you will find both.Proud member of the Cult of All Soft
Elissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2003 at 12:26am
Thank you all for being so kind and for sharing this excitement with me. The big date is 9/21, just a little over nine weeks away. I can't believe it!
[/url]

Elissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2003 at 12:26am
Lyris, your plans sound wonderful. Please keep us posted as things progress.

Elissa
[/url]

jazzgurl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jazzgurl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2003 at 2:41am
I am getting married too! October 18th is the big day. i love your ring! look sreal great and expensive too

which color do you think is appropriate for a wedding ring, silver or gold? right now my fiance and i are looking towards this two-color rings http://www.mokume.com/wbc3.html sort of like yin and yang - balanced everything
"We have both lost ourselves, but sometimes we reveal the most when we are least like ourselves."
-Anais Nin
Elissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2003 at 7:23am
Congratulations!

I think either or both colors are fine. I personally love two-tone rings because you can wear them with both your white and gold jewelry. I also purchased a gold band to wear daily and/or on less fancy occasions. It is actually two-tone, but the white gold isn't rhodiumed (dipped in platinum, like most white-looking white gold) so it hardly even looks two tone. I'll post a pic when it comes in.

I love the bands in the pictures. Very contemporary.

Please let me know what you decide. And have you checked out the message boards at theknot.com? They are completely addicting!!!

Elissa
[/url]

SuperGrover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperGrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2003 at 4:31pm
Ooooh Jazzgurl, that's gorgeous!
"Hair is a part of you. It is not a part of me, because I am a frog." - Kermit the Frog on Sesame Street1b/N/ii ~ ??"/27"/32"
jazzgurl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jazzgurl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2003 at 10:13pm
That is so wonderful Elissa! Gold is classic, I think i'll go with that.
"We have both lost ourselves, but sometimes we reveal the most when we are least like ourselves."
-Anais Nin
jazzgurl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jazzgurl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2003 at 3:30am
How about hair? i'll be having my first wedding in a beach with flowing, light dress that's backless, can i wear my hair down and maybe lace up some fresh flowers on them?

first wedding because we're having it at my mom's hometown with all my side of the family and the big formal wedding later on the end of the year.
-Anais Nin
Mylissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mylissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2003 at 9:31am
Jazzgurl - I absolutely love those two-color rings..beautiful...classy...touch of elegance. Congrats
Mylissa
NewOrleansLady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewOrleansLady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2003 at 2:58pm
Mine is just like yours but platnium. My wedding ring and engagement ring came as a set. The engagement ring is the same as the wedding ring except it has a princess cut diamond on it too.
"Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer but, wish we didn't."
Elissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2003 at 7:21pm
Jazzgirl, hair up or hair down or part both--all will be lovely for a beach wedding!

Elissa
[/url]

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic