Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

eyeglasses with nose ring?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
12341234 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 12341234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: eyeglasses with nose ring?
    Posted: September 05 2003 at 2:56pm
Do you think its overkill to combine a small silver nose ring with eyeglasses? I haven't seen many pictures with both together.
princessmonica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote princessmonica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2003 at 3:35pm
not at all. it looks fine. my cousin has her nose pierced and she wears glasses.
tina m View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tina m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2003 at 12:02am
I have both of my nostrils pierced. I usually just wear small nose studs. I don't wear glasses.

Nose rings really stand out and draw much more attention to yourself than nose studs do.
True, a small nosering isn't that much more noticeable than a nosestud, so I suppose a small nosering wouldn't be that bad with eyeglasses, but a larger nosering would really stand out and might not look that good with eyeglasses.
I would suggest wearing a nosestud instead of a nosering. If you do wear a nosering, wear a small one and make certain the color of it doesn't conflict with the color of the frames of your glasses. Use good fashion sense.

I know a woman who is from Bangladesh who lives in my area and she has her left nostril pierced and her septum in the middle of her nose pierced. She sometimes wears eyeglasses for reading. She always wears just a small nose stud and a small septum ring. She dresses like a modern western woman and her noserings are so subtle that you just barely notice she is wearing them.
I try and do the same with my nosestuds and noserings. If you wear nose jewelry I think it looks better, more stylish and sophisticated if you wear understated nosestuds or noserings.
And the color of your nose jewelry should go along with the color of your earrings and clothing. Just use good fashion sense.

tina
Nerdnik View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nerdnik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2004 at 3:12pm
I wear a *very* snug rose ring. In fact, sometimes after months of knowing someone, they ask me if I've always had it pierced!! Anyway, I sometimes wear glasses and it all comes together just fine so don't worry about it :)
Blah blah chick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blah blah chick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2004 at 6:26pm
I think it should be fine just don't make both really flashy. If you want funky glasses wear a simple nose ring or vice versa. (is that spelled right?) I personally think that if you wear a big/bold nose ring and cat eye frames (love 'em!) at the same time then people will pay more attn to your nose than to your whole face and what you are saying.
"Life doesn't have to be perfect to be
wonderful" -Annette Funicello
CrazyGuy View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrazyGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2004 at 11:01am
Sounds like a really neat way of stopping your eyeglasses from sliding off as you move around.

I'd say go for it.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic