Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Long sweater jackets

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Cranberry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cranberry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Long sweater jackets
    Posted: September 06 2003 at 12:07am
Does anyone else dig those long sweater jackets? I love 'em, I've got a hooded black one in soft-knit fabric that goes a little past my knees.
I wish I could find more of them, but I can't seem to find them as welll anymore. Maybe they're not the main trend at the moment or something, but I still think they're great. Does anyone have one or know of a store/brand that sells them?
Lyris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2003 at 11:28am
Love 'em! They're reminiscent of a physician's lab coat and yet dressy at the same time. Unfortunately I think the duster was rather a trend than a fashion mainstay--BUT, the Gap has a really cute one on its site in either black or white. When it's on sale I'm buying it
Look for beauty, and you will find no intelligence. Look for intelligence and you will find both.Proud member of the Cult of All Soft
Lyris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2003 at 11:31am
Here's the direct link in case you're interested Cranberry:
http://www.gap.com/asp/Product.asp?wdid=203040&wpid=203722
Look for beauty, and you will find no intelligence. Look for intelligence and you will find both.Proud member of the Cult of All Soft
Cranberry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cranberry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2003 at 10:51pm
Thanks, Lyris, I love the white one! It looks so comfortable...I just happen to be heading out to the factory outlets next weekend (which in them includes the Gap), so I'll have to see if there's anything similar to that.
A friend of mine got one of those excellent Gap macintosh coats for $30 at the outlet (it was normally $70-80 or something), so maybe I can score a good deal, too!
razziberri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote razziberri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2003 at 11:42pm
Originally posted by Lyris Lyris wrote:

Here's the direct link in case you're interested Cranberry:
http://www.gap.com/asp/Product.asp?wdid=203040&wpid=203722

THAT'S THE ONE I GOT!!! I love it, it's so comfy!!! I'm thinking of getting a pea coat. Either in red or black. The one I have my eye on is about waist length. I already haev a black one up to my knees. I adore the Gap.
SuperGrover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperGrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2003 at 12:25pm
I got something similar about a month ago at H&M. It is chocolate brown and crocheted (has lots of holes like an afghan)
"Hair is a part of you. It is not a part of me, because I am a frog." - Kermit the Frog on Sesame Street1b/N/ii ~ ??"/27"/32"
Lyris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2003 at 7:16am
Love your quote SG....so appropriate!

Also, what is H&M like? I keep seeing it in the press but sadly Michigan has nothing like that. Are the clothes there cool or just cheap?
enfys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote enfys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 12 2003 at 6:21pm
Originally posted by Lyris Lyris wrote:

Also, what is H&M like? I keep seeing it in the press but sadly Michigan has nothing like that. Are the clothes there cool or just cheap?

Both! The clothes aren't designed to last, though, because they're high fashion items. Some things in there are really good quality and will years. My sister got a long warm winter coat in there for about £40.
http://www.myspace.com/waltzin_with_the_open_sea
Ah-ha, a place I can soon add hair pics...once I do some

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperGrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 12 2003 at 11:49pm
H&M is coming, Lyris. We didn't have them either until 2 or 3 years ago, and they're exploding all over the east coast. They're a British chain, I believe.

The place is AMAZING. Fashionable clothes. Not the BEST quality, but not shabby either. And CHEAP! Everything is cheap! Like dresses for $15, pants for $8 to 15... I bought a black velvet blazer for $50. I can't go in there because I may not NEED new clothes, but at those prices I figure I can't afford not to buy them. This logic explains my credit card debt.

Oh, and thanks about the quote. I'm back to my first quote from when I first joined HairTalk.
"Hair is a part of you. It is not a part of me, because I am a frog." - Kermit the Frog on Sesame Street1b/N/ii ~ ??"/27"/32"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperGrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 12 2003 at 11:55pm
More praise:

Oh yeah, H&M is wicked popular, so the lines for the dressing room snake forever. But it's all good cuz I always wear the same size! Or I buy 2 in different sizes and return one later. They are flexible about returns. They even let you return clearance stuff.

Maybe if I get bored I can do an H&M fashion show later with my digital camera.

Here's their website. I just checked the Store Locator. Yup, all east coast in the US so far. http://www.hm.com
enfys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote enfys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2003 at 1:13pm
Sorry guys!
I don't want to spoil your fun with H&M, but I've been doing research for a speech about sweatshops. I found out that loads of companies, such as GAP, Levis and sports brands, use child labour and awful conditions for workers of all ages.

I found this out on a website:

http://www.behindthelabel.org/campaign.php?cmp=5.

Don't follow the link if you love H&M, but I'm not shoping there again.
http://www.myspace.com/waltzin_with_the_open_sea
Ah-ha, a place I can soon add hair pics...once I do some
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic