Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

am i he only one that liked the 80's?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
princessmonica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote princessmonica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: am i he only one that liked the 80's?
    Posted: September 22 2003 at 1:47pm
either hair or clothes it seems nobody liked the 80's of course now the look seems silly and you can laugh about it now. i personally like the 80's back in the 80's. ever decade their is some thing to laugh at. who nows when we look back of the milinium [sp?] if that's what you call them. what we we be laughing at.
duke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2003 at 5:37am
Well, you are certainly not alone -
tastes vary and some people love
that kind of stuff. From the previous
post about the 80s, you can note
that Demodoll loved the business
atire of the period.

I personally don't like many hair
fashions of that time - they tended
to be tacky and overstyled. I prefer
straight hair to curly hair, but at the
time, perms, big sprayed bangs and
such things were all the rage. As for
clothing, it depends. Some of it was
really cheap and tacky looking, in
other cases, it was okay.
enfys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote enfys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2003 at 4:07pm
I wasn't there. Well, I was for the last two years, but I was more concerned with teething than fashion..

I don't like what I've seen of 80s fashion, but I'm a born out of time 60s child who loves cheesecloth! Still, neon is pretty cool.

I'm not sure about waiting 20-odd years before we laugh at 00s fashion, though. I already am! Have you seen the state of pop stars? Disgraceful.
http://www.myspace.com/waltzin_with_the_open_sea
Ah-ha, a place I can soon add hair pics...once I do some
demodoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demodoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2003 at 7:04pm
I did love the '80s, but then that was sort of my "coming of age" decade. Since then I have been so bogged down with work and kids that I haven't had much time to look at what fashion is really doing. Plus, at 47 I have to look "age appropriate" and that is sort of hard because I like a lot of real young stuff. And quite frankly it looks horrible on me (I would just go ahead and wear it if it looked even half way decent).

But I do think that mild shoulder pads do make most women look better as do slightly flared pants and longer skirts. I am anxious to see how much of the '80s come back. I really didn't like the fried, permed out hair. I hope that stays wherever it went.
"It is better to look marvelous than to feel marvelous" Billy Crystal
BaldJasmine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaldJasmine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 29 2003 at 11:05am
As a child of the 80s, I'm in my 30s now, I remember that era well. I actually liked it.
People usually mention the big hair of the 80s, and yes many women wore those styles, but just the opposite was common too. Many ladies wore very short spiky hair and shaved heads for women became more common in the 80s. It was really a pretty free era of time, and many styles of hair, clothing, and jewelry were accepted by most folks.
caramia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caramia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 29 2003 at 12:07pm
I like the 80s (except for the big hair) for nostalgic reasons because I spent all of my high school years and most of my college years in the 80s. The 80s remind me of my (relative) innocence. It's the point in time I would go back to if I could go back in time. It's the point in time right before I made a lot of wrong decisions.

Caramia
katrink View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katrink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 29 2003 at 5:54pm
Maybe the reason we like the 80s is because when you look back things weren't so negative (ie enron, unemployment, war, etc.). I think it was probably the most entertaining and funny decade. I mean how could you take anything really serious with a hot pink and orange mohawk, dressed in neon. Look back and enjoy a laugh or two because we really need that now.
SuperGrover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperGrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 29 2003 at 11:04pm
I love the 80's! I'm so tempted to bust out some leg warmers again. My Grandmother-in-law never stopped wearing them! I bought her a new pair at a dancer's shop 2 Christmases ago and it was so hard to wrap them up and give them away! They were so tempting to keep for myself!
"Hair is a part of you. It is not a part of me, because I am a frog." - Kermit the Frog on Sesame Street1b/N/ii ~ ??"/27"/32"
demodoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demodoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2003 at 8:01am
Oh leg warmers, I had forgotten about them! I loved them too. I hope they come back in but not the leotards we wore with them to work out in! I believe those morphed into thongs in the '90s and have since been replaced with baggy shorts and t-shirts for those of us with something to hide!
"It is better to look marvelous than to feel marvelous" Billy Crystal
KathyAnn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KathyAnn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2003 at 9:23pm
I'm in my thirties so the 80s were some of my formative years.
I am so glad the fashion of the 80s is over with! I liked some of the music then and I had fun, but the awful, puffed up big hair, the crass clothing and jewelry. Yuk! So blatantly trashy and loud. I'm so glad we don't have those fashions today.
Elissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2003 at 8:05am
I was in high school and college from 1980 - 89, so those were important fashion years for me. I have a lot of hair, and always wore it long, so the eighties were right up my alley in terms of hair (though I didn't puff up the sides very much), AND, the top of my hair gave a few extra inches to my five foot two and a half frame, ha! I need that!

I kind of liked the designer jeans and high heeled thing, and the dressiness of 80's fashion in general. The 70's, 90's and 00's seem to be more casual than that of the 80's, at least in my circles.

I never liked mullets though (I think we called it "the bi-level"?) on either men or women.
[/url]

CrazyGirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrazyGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2003 at 11:58am
I love the 80's music! Tha's about the only kind of music that I can listen to over and over without getting a headache! Not much BASS back then! ahahaha. 80's rock!

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-6/224757/oct2003.jpg
blonde mistress View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blonde mistress Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2004 at 9:59pm
Hated 80s fashion.
The music wasn't bad.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic