Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ladies In Red?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ladies In Red?
    Posted: December 15 2003 at 3:16am
OK - I have to admit that I was expecting the rush to red when I saw the results of the Fall 2003 runway shows, but it seems that the red is in full bloom and I have to say that I love it. I am seeing so many people in red everything and it looks good on just about everyone.

What are your thoughts about the red fashion trends?

Best wishes,
Karen
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
Sophie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sophie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2003 at 7:36am
Hi Karen, so good to read you.

I'm wearing red red red...love it! Although I must admit I have to search for reds .

The problem for me seems to be, finding the right red, a true red. Most of the reds I run into seem to be a touch too pink or blue. I find this with lip color too.
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2003 at 1:36pm
Hi Sophie,

Yes...I have been MIA for too long. Unfortunately I have been having to travel a lot lately for business for HB.com. Many places don't have good Internet hookup OR trying to get a notebook through is such a pain. But that is another story.

I recently saw a in a gorgeous photo of Melanie Griffith - Mrs. Antonio Banderas - in a gorgeous corset dress that was brilliant red. It was stunning.

I agree, it is hard to find true red. We have the same problem with our HB.com HairJewels which tend to come out more Ruby Red than bright red.

But if you can find a brilliant red dress...viola...instant sexiness and glamour. :-)

Best wishes,
Karen
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
BaldJasmine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaldJasmine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2004 at 7:36pm
Good to see bright red clothing making a comeback.

I am not one for bright red lipstick, with lipstick I look better in subtler colors, but I do own some true red/bright red clothes, including a red blouse, a beautiful red dress and two red neckscarves, one in silk, another in chiffon, and the scarves are unpatterned, a solid, bright red in color. They look good against not only red but white, black or navy blue clothes.
Red clothing, in my opinion, goes good with red or black costume jewelry or 14 ct. gold jewelry.
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2004 at 10:38pm
Is it all right for someone with skin as pink as mine to wear a lot of red? I wonder sometimes if it makes my skin look too flushed. Would a darker red, like a wine or burgundy, look any better? I know wine or burgundy-like reds look pretty good on my hair. . .
More awesome than a manatee!
Debbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2004 at 7:39pm
There is a trend that is called "ladies wearing red" or something like that. It is a group of older ladies that wears red. Big red hats, red shoes, red clothes, red jewelry. I live in Southern Illinois and the red thing is big- but most of the ladies are "older". Debbie
There is more to life than hair...Come on---Go get a life!!!!!!!
GadgetMouse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GadgetMouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2004 at 6:09pm
I had a bright red prom dress last spring. It was sequinned, and I had "ruby slippers" to go with it. So I guess I got to the trend a little early.
Jenna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2004 at 2:22am
I've been loving red for awhile, since it always commands attention.
Lyris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2004 at 1:34pm
I bought a red 3/4-length coat at Banana Republic this winter and I infallibly get more attention wearing it than with my standby black one.
Look for beauty, and you will find no intelligence. Look for intelligence and you will find both.Proud member of the Cult of All Soft
pixie lady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pixie lady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2004 at 11:19pm
I own some red clothing.
One of my favorite and sexiest dresses I own is a short, bright red, chiffon dress. I love the feel of that dress, I love chiffon!
I like the red color too.
ashleyxxx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ashleyxxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2005 at 10:15pm
i must admit i only clicked on this post because i thought it said ladies in bed
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic