Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

what on earth will match with an orange skirt?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Jenna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: what on earth will match with an orange skirt?
    Posted: January 20 2004 at 2:14am
I was at the Express sale today and bought a tangerine-orange colored terry cloth skirt. That might sound odd, I like to wear bright and unusual colors. I know I can always wear it to the beach with a swimsuit, but it's also nice enough to wear out in the springtime. Now I'm just wondering what color would match with it, since I've never owned anything so orange before. I was thinking something more neutral to tone it down...
pixie lady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pixie lady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2004 at 8:28am
White or Black.
Jenna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2004 at 1:12pm
white would probably look good; I'll try that. I'm afraid black might make me look like I'm dressed for Halloween.
BaldJasmine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaldJasmine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2004 at 5:41pm
White does look good with orange.
Some types of blue or green can look good too, not the overly bright varieties but darker, subtler shades of blue or green. You get the orange with dark color effect without looking like the orange and black Halloween combo.
Surprisingly, some types of red can look good with orange too.
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2004 at 3:57am
I don't wear orange myself, but if it's like a bright tangerine it's hard to think what might look good with it besides white or sunshine-yellow. Maybe pay attention and see what other people wear with orange, that might help. Just make sure you never wear it with purple :-P . Orange and purple always look completely awful together.
More awesome than a manatee!
Lyris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2004 at 1:33pm
Khaki! It's really hard to clash with something as neutral as tan.
Look for beauty, and you will find no intelligence. Look for intelligence and you will find both.Proud member of the Cult of All Soft
enfys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote enfys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2004 at 11:31am
Darn it, Lyris! You beat me to my helpful addition to this thread!

So, second best suggestion I can offer:
Blue denim. Blue denim, all shades, looks good with any colour. Always. Particularly pale denim if you wear it with bright colours.
http://www.myspace.com/waltzin_with_the_open_sea
Ah-ha, a place I can soon add hair pics...once I do some
Lyris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2004 at 2:10pm
Heh, sorry enfys! Blue denim is another hue that's nearly impossible to clash.
Look for beauty, and you will find no intelligence. Look for intelligence and you will find both.Proud member of the Cult of All Soft
Jenna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2004 at 5:20pm
those are all great ideas also, thanks! I don't have a very good sense of what matches, so I'm glad I asked for advice. I was thinking lime green, but I didn't want to look like a tropical citrus drink.
Lalaithial View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lalaithial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2004 at 6:42pm
I don't know about bright tangerine, but I wear the orange skirt I had with a brown tank top. it looked really cute but my skirts more of a burnt orange so I'm not sure if it works with tangerine
pixie lady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pixie lady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2004 at 11:43am
So what are you wearing with the orange skirt Jenna?
Ruthie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ruthie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2004 at 4:56pm
Personally i think certain types of red go with orange. not really bright red though, that would just be like.. blinding. good luck with the outfit!
CrazyGirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrazyGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2004 at 6:31pm
You can try grabbing some blouses that you think would match and place them above the skirt, see which one you like best.

I checked out the Express website and they have pictures of blouses matched with jeans and khaki's.
beachgerl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beachgerl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2004 at 10:02am
I have a bright, mod style orange mini skirt I bought years ago. I wear it sometimes. I wear it with black stockings and black top (halter, 3/4 sleeves or spaghetti tanktop) for that impact. White, peach, or pale orange can be worn with it as well.
moonlessbraclet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moonlessbraclet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2005 at 3:37pm
tan
xxpinkgalzxx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xxpinkgalzxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2005 at 3:33am

white will look great...perhaps you can match it with a white tank top....

brown and tan can match with white also, or a denim jacket...mayb

I found myself today...
sporty_chick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sporty_chick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2005 at 11:50pm
i hv an orange skirt it loox GREAT with a white tee/tank i hv...white's always the best choice if you dont no what to wear with a certian piece...
Much Luv
Your Canadian Buddy :)

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic