Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Skirt with boots

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Harvy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harvy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Skirt with boots
    Posted: February 23 2004 at 7:23pm
I have a formal form fitted black skirt which hits just above the knee.

I have a pair of black leather boots that are not exactly ankle boots but not knee length either. Threy hit a few inches above the ankle and below the knees.

Would they be suitable for wearing with the skirt?

The boots have a small heel (about 2-3inch) and are zipped on the sides. They are somwhat rounded at the front.

Thanks in advance
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2004 at 1:28am
Well, I wouldn't suggest wearing boots with a formal skirt, myself, but I've seen celebs do it, so I dunno. . . *wonders*
More awesome than a manatee!
Brent E from San Francisco View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brent E from San Francisco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2004 at 7:55pm
Yes, it would look cool!
DakotaDiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DakotaDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2004 at 7:20pm
Of course it's suitable to wear a skirt like that with boots like that. I've seen that many times. i've worn outfits like that before. i love short skirts and I love wearing the boots I have. And I love wearing high heels with a short skirt. Or boots with jeans.
demodoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demodoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2004 at 8:38pm
I would say try them together and see what you think. If you think they look good together then wear them! I have found that skirt length and boot height is a tricky combination and the only way to tell if it looks good is to try it on and look in a full length mirror to see if the look is good or bad. You will be able to tell.
"It is better to look marvelous than to feel marvelous" Billy Crystal
miss brenda View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miss brenda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2004 at 3:03am
Sure, it looks fine!

Boots and skirts are almost as attractive as high heels and skirts.
FairyTales88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FairyTales88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2004 at 5:42pm
There is a new "IN" trend with skirts and boots and its finding the most flattering skirt with a great pair of Ugg boots. But please make sure everything is color cordinated so you don't look like a mixed up mess.
FairyTales*
Blah blah chick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blah blah chick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2004 at 11:32pm
I agree w/ FairyTales88. Color coordinating is extremely important! I would pair the skirt with a fun top. I wouldn't wear a black top but that is because I don't particularly care for the monochromatic look. I like color. just make sure it flows well. Most importantly, make sure that YOU like it.
"Life doesn't have to be perfect to be
wonderful" -Annette Funicello
kerry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2004 at 12:12pm
i love skirts and slouched boots but yea da boots n ur skirt sounds fine try them 2geter 2 see if u lik it and if u do wear it wit confidence kerry regret nothing..... deny everything!!
ames View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ames Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2005 at 10:56am
as far as i know...generally ankle or mid calf boots look good with an above the knee skirt, knee high boots should be worn with an above knee or a couple of inches below knee skirt...or if daring, or on the right occasion, a miniskirt. i think the slouchy ugg boots look nice witha short skirt..mini or not much longer, otherwise your legs look like blocks.
and over the knee boots shouldd be avoided at all costs, unless you are a supermodel in a studio or on the catwalk
i can't take it no more so i'm going on a shopping spree
....H.A.R.M.A.R superstar....
MoNiCaxOC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MoNiCaxOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2005 at 3:57pm
Mid-calf to knee high boots with a 3" heel and a skirt that drapes about an inch below the knee is ideal :-)
This is because I can spell konfusion with a K
It's hard to like it
It's to dying in anothers arms
And why i had to try it...
- Something Corporate "Konstantine"
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic