Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

do guys really have to wear name brand clothes

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
dick hitchcock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dick hitchcock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: do guys really have to wear name brand clothes
    Posted: July 23 2004 at 10:12am
aight females this is gettin out of hand with da name brand clothes and Jersies what happen to a nice lookin face and a personality. i cant afford 86 doller pants and 300 doller jersies so im sayin is whats wrong conserving money and dressing decent holla at @#$%
Blah blah chick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blah blah chick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2004 at 5:00pm
Personally, i find it way more attractive if a guy has his own style-not name brands. That's just cheesy anyway. Besides, some women would prefer that you spent the extra cash you saved by not buying name brands on her......
"Life doesn't have to be perfect to be
wonderful" -Annette Funicello
duke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2004 at 5:46am
I agree. You can wear what you want. Not what fashion dictates. There IS NO fashion police. It's a free country. You don't have to wear name brand clothes, do your hair in fashionable ways etc. It's just that some people shallowly judge you for your looks (what do you care - if they're really your friends they'll accept you as you are) and some people have a stake in the fashion/cosmetics industry and will therefore make more money if they convince you to buy the more expensive brand, highlight your hair instead of just trimming it when it gets longer than you want it etc. You DON'T have to listen to them.
Captain Japonica View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Captain Japonica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2004 at 1:07am
I don't even bother with that, I'm the Dollar-store Dude.
kerry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2004 at 11:44am
i kinda like it when a guy wears a fashion label it shows that he knows fashion and that i can talk 2 him about it my boyfriend wears fashion labels but i also love it when he thinks of his own unquiqe style 2
Damier500 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Damier500 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 30 2004 at 6:47pm
well thats always a mixed bag of thoughts... personally.. i thrive on brand names... call me shallow but i do.. i love my Banana Republic and Ralph Lauren.. but its how i was raised and it just turned in to a bad habit.. but on the other hand im not telling anyone to judge anyone on that.. i know ppl who are complete A*sh*les and have the best wardrobe.. and i know beautiful ppl (on the inside) who could careless about what store they shop at.. and vice versa... so you wear what you want and can afford.. just as long as you are clean and mannerable you should be fine..

PS.. jerseys are so OUT! and you can get a nice pair of jeans for less than 86.00...
Unregistered Guest View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unregistered Guest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2004 at 12:35am
I definately don't look for name brands, but if I do find something that I like that is a name brand for a good price I will buy it!
diamondprincess View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote diamondprincess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2004 at 7:54am
I wear what I like.......name brand or not it doesn't matter to me!
DiamondPrincess   

leale View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2004 at 6:02pm
Some things a guy wears must be name brand.

For example one of the first things many women look at when they first meet a guy is their shoes. I think that if you are a guy and you do not have that special someone yet you should never approach a potential date with tacky scuffed up or of brand shoes.

Now ladies please think about when you met your guy or turned down a guy, what type of shoes was he wearing?

It is alot easier for women to wear alot of different brands of shoes but guys you have it a little tougher (sorry)
leale
m.y.o.b View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m.y.o.b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2004 at 1:27pm
No they don't.
On anyone lables to me say, pretentious and trying to hard to impress.
Clothes that suit you and are well fitting will have a much better impression on other people than branded clothes.
m.y.o.b
MoNiCaxOC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MoNiCaxOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2005 at 4:04pm
You can get nice jeans from Anchor Blue that look like Diesels and just a plain polo or beefy t-shirt for under $20. I think nice shoes (like skate shoes) are really everything you need to complete a nice outfit. I first decide if I like a guy by the shoes he wears - literally. Shallow? Yes. ;-)
This is because I can spell konfusion with a K
It's hard to like it
It's to dying in anothers arms
And why i had to try it...
- Something Corporate "Konstantine"
ToXiC KiSsEs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ToXiC KiSsEs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 29 2005 at 3:54pm
My boyfriend wears alot of name brand clothes but i like it . i like it becasue its nice looking, and when you walk around with them they dont look scrubby and because I wear alot of brand names clothes. I also wear non-name brand clothes but its different for a guy. A guy cant wear like cheap stuff it shows that he doesnt know how to dress and people steriotype them as not as well off of a person compaired to other people. plus guys like to show off! no matter if its with clothes or with something else!
¸,¡|IvI|¡,¸
''i|¡||¡|i''
Jzaeiy_sweet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jzaeiy_sweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2005 at 9:45pm
i like a guy with just a white-tee and blue jeans, but he has to have the crisp shoes
God Bless, and have a wonderful day.
moonlessbraclet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moonlessbraclet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2005 at 1:25pm
I love name brand clothes. But cant always afford them. I have no probblem looking at second hand clothes. Sounds bad to some people but if you look at the upper thrift stores in the ritzy part of town you would be amazed at what they have. JMO.But Im a big bargin shopper. Ive tought all my friends to always look for deals even in department stores. But as long as its cute and made well Ill buy it even if its from Wally World. lol.
_thumbelina_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _thumbelina_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2005 at 5:41am

I can't stand it when guys dress from head to toe in designer makes, I reckon it makes them look too feminine. Guys are way cuter in normal jeans and tees and shirts!

"You were the movie of my life, starring you instead of me"
NDGthaDon View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NDGthaDon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2006 at 9:44am

Me personally I wear what expresses me I wear polo or rocawear or a pair of shellheads but I try not to buy all the expensive stuff because I got bills.

horselover_1625 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horselover_1625 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2006 at 8:04pm
Name brand clothes are okay, but I don't mind them wearing other things as long as they're clean!!!
RANITA~~
-----------
What good is life without a horse??!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic