Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

what do u think of upper ear peircings?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
abbey09 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abbey09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: what do u think of upper ear peircings?
    Posted: December 22 2004 at 5:03pm
im 14, get straight A''s(nothing lower than a 96% is every subject) have a few good friends and dont hang out with the ''popular, catty, snobby'' girls/boys anymore. and im now homeschooled.

today i told my parents that i wanted my upper ear peirced. i already have my ears peirced where they normally are, just one hole on each. but my mother proceeded to say "OMG that is so skanky. youll look like a tough, ****ty girl. Who has one, is that why you want one?" um, no. i want one because I want one, and no one i know has one. i told her that and she said, "well if no one else has them then maybe thats tellin you something" she would have said if someone i knew had one that would be my reason for wanting one if i didnt say that it was only because i wanted one.

girls my age right now(and a few i know) have 4 or 5 peircings on each ear, nose rings, belly buttons....i mean it could be alot worse

basically thats the whole story...tell me what you think.
Skzz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2004 at 5:11pm
I don't see the big deal. I have my cartilage of both ears pierced and I get compliments all the time.

Believe me, nobody is going to think you're a badass just because of an earpiercing. Your mom is just overreacting a bit.
leale View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2004 at 5:30pm
I also agree that your mother may be overreacting a bit, but she is still your mother and you are under the age of eighteen.

Tuff luck kiddo.

But just think, when you are eighteen you will get to make all your own decision and it will drive your parents crazy.
leale
glamour puss12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glamour puss12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 26 2004 at 5:20am
hiya im kez and im 14 2! i got the top of my ear pirced 2 and it was really sore got ears pirced at the bottom twice! i got my belly button done but i did it without them knowing and got in2 alot of trouble whn they found out. they let me keep it in but were disappointed when i did it behide there back. if u talk 2 ur mum an tell her u will look after it and show her ur responisable enough 2 have it done then she might let u get it. good luck kez
kerry wilson
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 26 2004 at 9:30am
I had my upper ear done in my early 20s. It hurt pretty much the ENTIRE time. I kept thinking it would go away eventually after enough cleaning with hydrogen peroxide, and I'd take out the earring for awhile and try again later, and it just never stopped hurting whenever I had the earring in it. If I hit it with clothes, or the towel, or if I tried to sleep with the earring in...just wasn't worth it for me. I took that pain-in-the-butt out for good a few years back.
Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
Layla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Layla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 26 2004 at 10:14am
I wanted one. I still do sort of but I know it's bad for your cartilage to get pierced.
Type: 3c/4a Natural
Current Length: 6"
Goal: Healthy, tip of nose /neck/shoulder length hair.
BC: 02/08/06
kyle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2005 at 7:59am
Question! Upper ear piercing hurts more or lower ear?
eKatherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eKatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2005 at 6:48am
Lots, lots more, cause you're going through cartilage, not just soft tissue.

It takes much longer to heal and it is possible to become severely infected if you don't take care of it or are seriously unlucky.

Just looking for a few good hair slaves - is that too much to ask?
S_Miller View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote S_Miller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2005 at 1:43pm
I have an upper ear piercing, and it hurt tons more than my navel piercing and it was much harder to keep clean. I agree with the people that say wait until you are 18. If your parents are that against it, it's one of those little battles that might be better off to put off until you are out of their house.
Stephanie
msblueyes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msblueyes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2005 at 3:04pm

I have an upper ear piercing as well.  I really don't remember it hurting that bad.  I was 18 when I  had it done.  I don't regret it for a day!  I love it and when I wear my hair behind my ears get lots of compliments. 

P.S. If you get one, don't wear an earring with a back on it, get a small hoop that fits around perfectly.  They are the most cofortable.

msblueyes
moonlessbraclet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moonlessbraclet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2005 at 2:46pm
I know its painful. But its really cute ! I love it. But you are only 14 and so if your parents say no or not yet. Just wait. Try again at a later date. Just be paitent.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic