Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Need JF's opinion

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
rae View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rae Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need JF's opinion
    Posted: January 11 2000 at 1:27am

Why is it that the majority of celebrity do's don't have bangs. Is it cool not to have them? Most of my life mine have been cut, and they seem to look better that way, but if your in the mood for a change of styles, and look at celeb's hair, it would take a year to emulate the style. What's your opinion? TIA

JerkyFlea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JerkyFlea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 1:27am

> Why is it that the majority of celebrity do's don't
> have bangs. Is it cool not to have them? Most of my
> life mine have been cut, and they seem to look better
> that way, but if your in the mood for a change of
> styles, and look at celeb's hair, it would take a year
> to emulate the style. What's your opinion? TIA

I think most celebs don't have bangs because a) it's trendy not to and b) it allows them to achieve multiple different hairstyles, and thus different looks without having the constant of the bangs.

Neither of these points have anything to do with how well not having bangs looks on the celebrity. There are quite a few celebs who would look better with bangs of some sort (e.g., Helen Hunt), but just don't for some reason. If you've determined after much experimentation that bangs look best on you keep'em. Most of the celeb styles you can imitate even with bangs (as long as you don't have too large a section of them). Also, if you notice, the stars that do have bangs usually wear them fairly long to give them the option to style them back or to the side to simulate the "bangless" look. Just another option if you want to keep your bangs but want to try the no-bang styles.

JF

Related Link:

http://www.hairboutique.com/jerkyflea/jerkyflea.htm" target=_blank>JerkyFlea's Celebrity Hair Spray

3 pm is simultaneously too late and too early to start anything.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic