Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Who are the top 10 most hair-influencial, female celebrities of the century?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Who are the top 10 most hair-influencial, female celebrities of the century?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
JM View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Who are the top 10 most hair-influencial, female celebrities of the century?
    Posted: January 11 2000 at 1:28am

Fun Poll! It's a toughy, I know. I'd have to say (in no particular order):
1. Veronica Lake
2. Farrah Fawcett
3. Jennifer Aniston
4. Jackie Kennedy
5. Dorthy Hamill
6. Cher
7. Jean Harlow
8. Theda Bara
9. Brooke Shields
10. Mia Farrow

Jimmy Superfly Snuka View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Superfly Snuka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 1:28am

I'll have to make a couple of changes,
remove Theda Bara and replace with Louise Brooks,
remove Brooke Shields and replace with Crystal Gayle ,
Jackie O is a though one, known more for style in general than for hair, I would think that Audrey Hepburn was more influential. Can't argue with no's 1,2,3,5,6,7,10

> Fun Poll! It's a toughy, I know. I'd have to say (in
> no particular order):
> 1. Veronica Lake
> 2. Farrah Fawcett
> 3. Jennifer Aniston
> 4. Jackie Kennedy
> 5. Dorthy Hamill
> 6. Cher
> 7. Jean Harlow
> 8. Theda Bara
> 9. Brooke Shields
> 10. Mia Farrow

Lisa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lisa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 1:28am

> I'll have to make a couple of changes,
> remove Theda Bara and replace with Louise Brooks,
> remove Brooke Shields and replace with Crystal Gayle ,
> Jackie O is a though one, known more for style in
> general than for hair, I would think that Audrey
> Hepburn was more influential. Can't argue with no's
> 1,2,3,5,6,7,10

Definitely Audrey Hepburn, and most of the rest of the women on the list, but I'd also add Bettie Page to the list. Maybe her hair wasn't influential to most women but I think it looked so cool.

hre View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 1:28am

I'm not sure if there was a single person to credit with the "Gibson girl" look but if there was she should be on the list.

I know she is controversial (and fictional) but I'd have to put "Barbie" on the list as well.

Laurie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Laurie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 1:28am

Wonderful pole . . . great suggestions . . . I agree with all of them.

I guess I'm entering the realm of Honorable Mentions beyond the top ten. I would have to include Twiggy, also. How about Diana Ross?

Lily de Wilde View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lily de Wilde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 1:28am

Hi!
Just out of interest, who IS Theda Bara?
I'd have to add Siouxsie Sioux to that list.
Influence only in the Goth community, but Influence none the less!

"Lily"

P.S. Thanks for mentioning Cher, I've been waiting forever for someone to do that!

Gord View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 1:28am

If you were talking about the most influential wig wearers of all time, Diana Ross would be in the top 10, along with Dolly Parton, Tina Turner and Donna Summer. Anyone want to add to my new list?

ssjockey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssjockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 1:28am

> Wonderful pole . . . great suggestions . . . I agree
> with all of them.

> I guess I'm entering the realm of Honorable Mentions
> beyond the top ten. I would have to include Twiggy,
> also. How about Diana Ross?

I'm not sure who cut their hair first, Twiggy or Mia Farrow, one deserves a credit. Diana Ross is to me, more just overall great style, not necessarily with the hair, IMO.

JM View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 1:28am

Good choices! I was thinking of Louise Brooks when I mentioned Theda Bara. I probably should have added Princess Diana in there somewhere though.

jagged shard View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jagged shard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 1:31am

> If you were talking about the most influential wig
> wearers of all time, Diana Ross would be in the top
> 10, along with Dolly Parton, Tina Turner and Donna
> Summer. Anyone want to add to my new list?

What about Whitney Houston ? One only has to look at the videos from her latest album. Most are real natural looking but there are also one or two flamboyant ones a la Diana Ross or Tina Turner

newx View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2003 at 8:44am
What about Demi Moore's pixie on "GHOST"? :-)
HeadBoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HeadBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2003 at 1:01pm
Great topic and plenty of great lists.
Here's mine:

Louise Brookes (that bob!)
Dorothy Hammill (Every girl on my block had the wedge)
Angela Davis (the Afro became very hip, very quickly)
Bo Derek (those darn braids!)
Farah Fawcett (Everyone old enough to remember her influence does.)
Madonna (Her hair and her style are often copied)
Jennifer Aniston (Let's see a show of hands, who had "The Rachel 'do"?)
Demi Moore (The pixie 'do from "Ghost" was huge)
Princess Diana (I recall her hairstyle being in among massive sections of the populaus)
Audrey Hepburn (Well, she was more of a fashion thing than a hair thing, but the hair and capri pants went together)

The above is just my humble opinion. What are your thoughts?
Peace to all
SuperGrover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperGrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2003 at 2:15pm
HeadBoy, you wrote exactly what I would have.
We Libertarians are so smart.
"Hair is a part of you. It is not a part of me, because I am a frog." - Kermit the Frog on Sesame Street1b/N/ii ~ ??"/27"/32"
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2003 at 2:44pm
meg ryan
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic