Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Katie Couric

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ben C View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ben C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Katie Couric
    Posted: March 14 2001 at 10:01am
Well, Katie`s hair has reached the point where I think it is now appropriate to comment on it. After missing a couple of weeks of the Today show due to my work schedule, I have caught at least parts of the show each day this week. Apparently Katie is alternating between wearing her hair in a longish flip and curling it under in more of a bob. The big news to me though is the length which now nearly reaches her shoulders. In fact, I would say that her hair reaches her shoulders when it is not curled under like today. I personally never thought we`d see the day where Katie Couric had shoulder length hair. Right now her hair is longer than it was last fall and going a step further, I think this is clearly the longest her hair has been since she started the Today show.

As for the current style, I`d say it`s working. I like the fact she is wearing it differently. I think the bob is a great look on her. I think the flip look is quite a bit more erratic. Some days it looks fine and other days it looks terrible. But in general, I like the idea that she can wear it different ways. It makes it more interesting than if she always wore it curled under in a bob.

Does anyone know if she has made any on-air references to her hair lately? I know that she doesn`t like to comment on her looks much. And understandably so since beauty and looks play such a confusing role for women in news broadcasting. Anyway, I wondered if anyone had heard where she might be headed in terms of hair style and length.

I can`t imagine her growing it out much longer, but then again I`m surprised that it`s gotten as long as it has. My best guess is that she has her hair trimmed an inch or two in the next couple of weeks and that it stays between chin and shoulder length for the next several months. I can`t see her returning to a pixie cut in the short term. I think it would be a little too dramatic a change when her current style seems to be working (except for the occassional day where the flip just doesn`t work). There is also an equal chance that she will continue to grow her hair out past her shoulders. I go back to that past shoulder length wig that she wore about a year ago that Jerky Flea reported on and think maybe there is a chance she is headed in that direction.

Anyone else with any thoughts?

Ben

Gord View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2001 at 5:21pm
Reply to message: 3.5053.1
I agree with you that it works for Katie. In fact, I think it`s the best she`s looked. I keep dreading the day that I`ll tune in and her hair will be cut into that old-time look she seems to go back to every once in awhile.
lgp82 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lgp82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2001 at 2:50pm
I like the cut, but doesn`t the color look a little gray or something?
~*~*Lisa*~*~
Gord View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2001 at 8:24pm
Reply to message: 3.5197.1
Today was a 10th-anniversary celebration in Katie`s honor. Regis Philbin called the show to congratulate her and commented on how blonde she looked, and I agree, so I don`t think the color was grayish. One portion of the show featured hair makeovers and she commented that she liked two similar styles and when the guy in charge of the makeovers said those styles were "in," Katie acted flattered since the cuts were similar to her look, only longer. So I guess she likes it. Hopefully she keeps it.
tony9999 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tony9999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2001 at 5:31am
Reply to message: 3.5198.1
I have to disagree with all of you.... I think Katie Couric looks terrible with her current style... She looks like she has aged 10 years in the last six months. You think of Katie and you think cute... she`s not cute with this style, and that`s her signature look. Here is one vote for Katie to run, not walk to her local salon and get back her brown pixie.....
Change is good for the soul and fun to talk about!
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2001 at 7:28am
I`m going to go against my grain on this one and agree w/ Gord. One thing I think her longer hair does is take "focus" away from her chin, whick I have always thought stuck out like a sore thumb.... or should I say lack of a chin..... Man! thank goodness no one is picking apart my looks!!!!
lgp82 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lgp82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2001 at 9:07am
Reply to message: 3.5198.1
I’m sticking to with my original thought, the front pieces of hair look gray, some days!
~*~*Lisa*~*~
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic