FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedWhere`s Jerky Flea????

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
ssjockey View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2001 at 3:06pm
Reply to message: 3.5578.1
Jenni,

Not to flame you, but you know NOTHING. Before JerkyFlea, there was nothing, Jerky never asked for a dime, or anything else in exchange for his witty commentary.

So what if his personal life gets buys, and his interests change. But I guess you only care about yourself. Your comment is as ignorant as you are stupid.

Go away, and never post here again.
Susan View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2001 at 6:02pm
Reply to message: 3.5579.1
quote:

ssjockey originally wrote:
Jenni,

Not to flame you, but you know NOTHING. Before JerkyFlea, there was nothing, Jerky never asked for a dime, or anything else in exchange for his witty commentary.

So what if his personal life gets buys, and his interests change. But I guess you only care about yourself. Your comment is as ignorant as you are stupid.

Let me start by saying I always enjoyed the JF columns when he felt like writing them. Your post really was shocking. You obviously don`t have all the facts. JF DID ask for money for his columns for HB as Karen and Jeff have confirmed in the past on this very board. They always pay contributors of columns to this site as Jane Bullock and others have also confirmed on the various boards here. They also pay for all the photographers for the photos that are used in the galleries and any work from professional writers that contribute to the site. JF also received product samples and other favors from the site in exchange for his column. Not to mention lots of press and other kudos for being associated with this wonderful site. He also got bascially a free website and had total freedom with his column, which he was almost always late turning in as we all experienced first hand as readers of the column. In fact how many times have people on this board asked when he would post his next column. Basically when he felt like it should have been the answer.

Karen was writing celebrity news before JF about the same time he was getting started. She was even featured in Self Magazine for an article she did on celebrity hair many years ago. She was nice enough to take him in and support him when the WW Beauty site dumped him because he was always late w/ his columns and was considered a problem to that site by Mickael & Ace. She stepped aside for him and stopped writing about celebrity hair. So there was something here long before JF and Karen was that person.

Jeff and Karen totally bent over backwards for Mr. Jerky Flea and he indeed did not tell them first that he was bored and not wanting to do the column. He told Gord who posted that JF was tired of the column. They found out from Gord`s post on their own messageboards that JF was not doing the column anymore. How would you like to find out something that way? You also know NOTHING. Who gives you the right to tell anyone not to post here. Do you own this board? Do you own this site? Before you attack someone maybe you should check the facts.
Jenni View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2001 at 6:52pm
Reply to message: 3.5579.1
quote:

ssjockey originally wrote:
Jenni,

I too am shocked by your post. I may not be a "veteran" but I do come to this site fairly often. I admit I like Jerky Flea`s columns too. But that doesn`t change the fact that he essentially screwed this board over by not being frank enough to just tell Karen and everyone else he wouldn`t be writing for her anymore. He left everyone else in the dark, which is, a) unprofessional and b)really selfish. So it appears that you are the ignorant one for defending someone without any ethics. Sorry to disappoint you with my second post. And thank you Susan for offering your viewpoint. It`s nice to know there are some sane ones out there!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic