Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Portia

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
pcs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pcs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Portia
    Posted: December 03 2001 at 7:04am
I noticed a preview of tonights Ali McBeal and couldn`t help but notice that Portia`s hair is getting significantly shorter. It used to be to her waist and it looks like it is just falling between blades and shoulder. Might be just curled tight but still....
Gord View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 03 2001 at 4:38pm
Photos in the National Enquirer show Portia and her girlfriend. Portia`s hair is barely past her shoulder blades, which is kind of a bite considering how gorgeous it was.
RR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 04 2001 at 12:51am
Reply to message: 3.7531.1
Yes it was gourgeous and she probaly will go shorter which might be good or bad. Can I comment on that picture. I did not know she dated women. Wow!
pcs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pcs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 04 2001 at 11:03am
very sad. I`m not commenting on whether short hair is better vs. long hair. However, some people have certain trademarks for lack of better word. Portia, simply stated, is not a great actress. Her hair was a very good calling card and made her rather remarkable. I`m afraid as it gets shorter and shorter she will diminish into obscurity. I`m not saying that she is a slave to her hair, only that she should contemplate those things that people notice and remember. Doesn`t she do hair commercials? I can`t think that a short haired Portia would be all that marketable in the hair industry.
ssjockey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssjockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 04 2001 at 1:31pm
Reply to message: 3.7558.1
Maybe she wants to be know for more than just another bimbo with long blonde hair? Or, maybe she is tired of the hassle of keeping her hair long, or perhaps she is just bored?

Robert View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 04 2001 at 5:43pm
Reply to message: 3.7553.1
quote:

RR originally wrote:
Yes it was gourgeous and she probaly will go shorter which might be good or bad. Can I comment on that picture. I did not know she dated women. Wow!

"She will probably go shorter"? By what basis do you say this? Or is it just a wild guess?

sandy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 04 2001 at 6:46pm
Reply to message: 3.7566.1
quote:

ssjockey originally wrote:
Reply to message: 3.7558.1
Maybe she wants to be know for more than just another bimbo with long blonde hair? Or, maybe she is tired of the hassle of keeping her hair long, or perhaps she is just bored?

So because someone is blond they have to be know as a blond bimbo? Her character on Ally is the opposite of that stereo-type, she is a professional who is dresses and most of the time acts as such. Long hair is actually easier to take care of than short hair but I do agree with you on one thing, maybe she was bored.
BaldSandra
bronnie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bronnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 04 2001 at 8:57pm
Reply to message: 3.7574.1
I have heard that she colors her hair a lot and that you can damage your hair that way so maybe it was getting really damaged and she had to cut it to keep it healthy.
tracey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tracey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 04 2001 at 10:18pm
Reply to message: 3.7576.1
That makes the most sense to me!!!!
RR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2001 at 12:46am
Reply to message: 3.7571.1
quote:

Robert originally wrote:
Reply to message: 3.7553.1
quote:

RR originally wrote:

"She will probably go shorter"? By what basis do you say this? Or is it just a wild guess?

Just a wild guess. I have known some women who had long hair and were thinking about cutting their hair short and they first cut it shoulder length and then to chin level. But just a guess. With Lucy Liu gone she will be the only actress on Ally with long hair.
Vegeta View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vegeta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2001 at 10:51pm
How can you say that she would have been just another bimbo with long blonde hair. Does long hair make you a bimbo. if you are a bimbo with long hair will you not be after you cut your hair? Also, it is rare to see an actress that does not cut their long hair, and there are fewer and fewer that keep their hair long anymore.
wozziewoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wozziewoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2001 at 12:12am
Portia is a supporter of the organization Locks of Love. I have read this both on her website & on the Locks of Love website, so there is no disputing it. This may have something to do with her shorter hair. However, it is not yet short enough for my taste. If she does indeed go shorter, who cares if there will be no one with long hair on the show. Remeber season one, when Courtney Thone-Smith cut her hair. I don`t know if it will happen or not but it doesn`t really have any effect on me watching the show. I like it because it is a good show not because of the length of the characters` hair. Almost everyone on the show has gone though several hair style changes, she`s due.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic