Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Sara Michele Gellor

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
pcs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pcs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sara Michele Gellor
    Posted: January 09 2002 at 11:35am
Watched the episode of January 8th. Yes, no question..she cut her hair. Got right to it within the first five minutes. You knew it was coming. She grabbed both sides and cut a good 8 inches off of each. Very dramatic. Personally, I liked it better longer. It just seemed....stringy...after the cut.
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2002 at 12:28pm
I like the change... but thats me, I really enjoy seeing pretty girls/ ladies with different styles. I like SMG w/ shorter hair but this style is not her best look in my opinion. I can`t figure what "look" she was going for other than shorter, I mean no layers no bangs.. just cut. Looking back at her through the years, she does tend to have pretty simple hairstyle, so maybe this is just what she likes. Also, IMO it makes her look about 15 yrs old so it suit her role.
makeitshort View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote makeitshort Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2002 at 1:47pm
Originally posted by pcs pcs wrote:

Watched the episode of January 8th. Yes, no question..she cut her hair. Got right to it within the first five minutes. You knew it was coming. She grabbed both sides and cut a good 8 inches off of each. Very dramatic. Personally, I liked it better longer. It just seemed....stringy...after the cut.

Thought it looked great. Looked like her long hair in this episode & what she chopped off was a wig.
loveshorthair View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2002 at 2:30pm
Well I thought they were going to be really mean and have Buffy stay invisible the whole time so we wouldn`t see her hair style. Liked the change, but I wish more was done. I think she should have layers and bangs. I would love to see those eyes with some bangs framing them.
Klaatu48 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Klaatu48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2002 at 11:06pm
Originally posted by loveshort&blonde loveshort&blonde wrote:

Well I thought they were going to be really mean and have Buffy stay invisible the whole time so we wouldn't see her hair style. Liked the change, but I wish more was done. I think she should have layers and bangs. I would love to see those eyes with some bangs framing them.

I`m with you on the bangs thing... she had them in the first season and that, in my opinion, is when she was looking her best. Back when her hair looked un-crunchy and not-fried.
Honestly, my first thought when I saw it after she told the stylist "I want something... different" was that the stylist certainly had some awesome self-control. She was pretty much given carte blanche there and did... nothing.
impish View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2002 at 3:16pm
Shows like these would benefit from more improvisation and less scripting :)
U View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote U Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2002 at 6:49pm
Any pictures of that scene where she cuts her hair from both sides?
U View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote U Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2002 at 8:37pm
Here`s something I gathered.

http://www.angelfire.com/hi4/afzal/Gonecut.gif

Can anyone find any other pictures from this episode?
loveshorthair View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2002 at 10:47pm
Link didn`t work for me - at least there wasn`t a pic. Anyone else have trouble?
U View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote U Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2002 at 10:14am
Try copying the link into the address bar and then press enter. It worked when I tried.
catta View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2002 at 5:43pm
I heard that Buffy`s new do is actually a wig. Supposably WB is making her try out the hairstyle before cutting, because of what happened to Keri Russel with Felicity.
Gord View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2002 at 11:10pm
I hate to say this, and I never though I would about SMG, but the new haircut makes her look kind of butch -- at least she did in a preview to this week`s episode. Not that there`s anything wrong with that.
JerkyFlea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JerkyFlea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2002 at 7:34am
Originally posted by catta catta wrote:

I heard that Buffy's new do is actually a wig. Supposably WB is making her try out the hairstyle before cutting, because of what happened to Keri Russel with Felicity.

Nope, not a wig. She was wearing/cutting a wig at the beginning of the episode, but the short cut is hers.

JF
3 pm is simultaneously too late and too early to start anything.
Desmond View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Desmond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2002 at 9:52am
I like her new hair, but I think it looks even better in the next episode of buffy. Here are the screencaps from the advert for it... http://www.btinternet.com/~caputo/dp/
andy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2002 at 12:31pm
I think Buffy`s hair doesn`t look bad exactly, but is just kind of boring. When it was long it was styled so nicely, with soft waves and bangs, and it looked really full. Now it just hangs there plainly. I wish she`d done something funky with it - bangs, waves, little flippy things.

The funny thing is that in those screen shots from the upcoming episode, Buffy`s hair now makes her look like Ally McBeal, or even how Alison Hanigan used to. And Alison, for her part, is apparently looking great with some curls of her own!
Suzanne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suzanne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2002 at 4:43am
Originally posted by JerkyFlea JerkyFlea wrote:

Originally posted by catta catta wrote:

I heard that Buffy's new do is actually a wig. Supposably WB is making her try out the hairstyle before cutting, because of what happened to Keri Russel with Felicity.

Nope, not a wig. She was wearing/cutting a wig at the beginning of the episode, but the short cut is hers.

JF

it is not a WIG i dont care what she looks like because her fella is fit anyway so she can look as butch as she wants
apopopop View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote apopopop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2002 at 5:47pm
Ally McBeal`s twin sister?
andy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2002 at 10:43pm
oooh, after tonight`s episode I withdraw my "it`s OK" opinion and instead say "yick." She traded in long, thick, wavy, attractively-styled hair for that unappealing, middle-part, flip-out deal? I`m all for trying new styles, but that ain`t the one.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic