Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Calling All Buffy Fans

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Calling All Buffy Fans
    Posted: January 11 2002 at 11:58pm
Long story short (no pun intended to Buffy`s new style)...I recently was given video tapes for all the Buffy episodes from the very beginning when Willow still had long hair and Angel was hanging around before he got his own show.

After marathon watching I am now caught up to the current season but can someone please explain how the storyline explained the elimination of Cordelia. I saw the episode with Anya and Cordelia w/ the revenge sequence & I am up to date w/ Anya. Was the show`s official explanation that Cordelia`s family was suddenly penniless and she went off to work in a dressshop or was there something else that I didn`t catch?

Finally, where is Charisma Carpenter the actress? She was a gorgeous girl but I have not seen anything else with her. Maybe I am just not looking in the right places?

Thank you in advance for any Cordelia answers. Or any other Buffy tidbits you can share. Needless to say I hate the fact that I got addicted to the show but then again, I love it all the same.

Karen
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
BuffyFan View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffyFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2002 at 12:36am

Cordelia moved to LA to become an actress and is currently working for/with Angel.

You`ll now have to watch all those tapes to catch up.

saiyanb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saiyanb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2002 at 12:38am
Charisma is with Angel now.
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2002 at 12:52am
Originally posted by BuffyFan BuffyFan wrote:

Cordelia moved to LA to become an actress and is currently working for/with Angel.

You'll now have to watch all those tapes to catch up.

Arrrgggghhh. Yes, now I will have to watch Angel. My problem is that I have such little time to watch the tube that when I get addicted it can be painful.
Was there an episode that explained how Cordelia wound up on that series?

Thanks for the scoop.

Karen
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2002 at 12:53am
Originally posted by saiyanb saiyanb wrote:

Charisma is with Angel now.

Thanks so much for the update. Heaven help me if I get addicted to Angel too. I did like him in the original shows with Buffy although I am now rooting for Spike. He is too much and his hair is just too much.

Karen
Shery View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2002 at 6:56am
Buffy and Angel are my one TV addiction, they are the only shows I watch and won`t ever miss an eppy. I totally agree with you about Spike lol. Charisma(Cordy) has beautiful hair but rumour has it that The WB(the station her show, Angel is on) made her cut her hair last season and had her highlight her naturally dark hair a funky blond. She asked if she could color back this season which they let her but had her again cut her hair because the didn`t like the style she had grown her hair to. I think it`s amazing the control the networks have over an actresses hair. I think the actress should be able to have their hair the way they want. The WB actually has the hair clause in all their actresses contracts. I remember reading an article in a mag about a male star on a WB show who said it was strange that the women have to O.K any hair changes but the males can do whatever the want with their hair. He said he bleached his blond just to see what they would say and nothing was ever said. Totally double standard. And Karen wanted to tell you I bought the celebrity hair mag with your articles. Really educational, I try to follow your advice especially because my hair is similar to your`s-long, dry, wavy, coarse hair. Are you going to do more articles for that mag? I hope so. Sorry this was so long.
Once i know who I`m not then I`ll know who i am. ~alanis morissette~
Waggy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waggy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2002 at 3:34pm
Yup - they made Cordy cut it and blonde it - but the episodes were funny. In the first she had it cut and all the guys were totally not noticing, with each eventually saying, "is something different", and Cordy in total frustration. Kinda a real life mirror of my Blvd. Hubby, so we really liked that.

I actually like Angel a lot better than Buffy - it`s much better for laughs.

Check it out Karen...gabi
Be yourself - unless you suck...wags
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2002 at 1:02am
Originally posted by Shery Shery wrote:

Buffy and Angel are my one TV addiction, they are the only shows I watch and won't ever miss an eppy. I totally agree with you about Spike lol. Charisma(Cordy) has beautiful hair but rumour has it that The WB(the station her show, Angel is on) made her cut her hair last season and had her highlight her naturally dark hair a funky blond. She asked if she could color back this season which they let her but had her again cut her hair because the didn't like the style she had grown her hair to. I think it's amazing the control the networks have over an actresses hair. I think the actress should be able to have their hair the way they want. The WB actually has the hair clause in all their actresses contracts. I remember reading an article in a mag about a male star on a WB show who said it was strange that the women have to O.K any hair changes but the males can do whatever the want with their hair. He said he bleached his blond just to see what they would say and nothing was ever said. Totally double standard. And Karen wanted to tell you I bought the celebrity hair mag with your articles. Really educational, I try to follow your advice especially because my hair is similar to your's-long, dry, wavy, coarse hair. Are you going to do more articles for that mag? I hope so. Sorry this was so long.

Hi Shery,

Thank you so much for the scoop on Angel. I am so fascinated with Spike`s hair and he is so funny. What a great character he plays.

I am so sorry to hear about Cordy`s hair. She looked so great as a brunette. Yes, it is unbelievable what control TV has over the hair of their stars & yes, double standards are infuriating.

That is not the case with the supermodels though. Once they get to a certain point of success the runway and super models control their own hair destiny which is good to hear.

Thanks you so much for buying the celebrity hair mag and for all the support & feedback. Yes, I am writing for 101 and Short Cuts on a regular basis now. The editor of those mags and I have become best friends and she loves to be wild and crazy with me when we talk on the phone about potential hair arcticle ideas. That is how we came up with What To Do When Your Hair Catches Cold and Feng Shui Your Hair. So yes, lots more articles over the next few months & really interesting & fun topics - at least I hope everyone thinks so. I recently submitted 12 new articles to the editor that will appear over time.

I would love to hear more about your hair and what products you have good results with. Always looking for a better way for my hair. :-)

Don`t worry about long posts. I am the queen of way-too-long posts. :-)

Thanks for all the scoops. I am itching to get to the Angel programs and will start watching as soon as I can.

Best wishes,
Karen

Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2002 at 1:03am
Originally posted by Waggy Waggy wrote:

Yup - they made Cordy cut it and blonde it - but the episodes were funny. In the first she had it cut and all the guys were totally not noticing, with each eventually saying, "is something different", and Cordy in total frustration. Kinda a real life mirror of my Blvd. Hubby, so we really liked that.

I actually like Angel a lot better than Buffy - it's much better for laughs.

Check it out Karen...gabi

Hi Gabi,

I`m there. I thought Angel was such a hottie but somehow I just never made it to his show so I am on it. Thanks for the scoops.

Karen
Waggy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waggy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2002 at 3:56pm
Hi Karen!!

Good watchin` to ya

When it comes to "HOT" I have to admit Spikey has me - anytime!!

But the whole Angel show is IMO much more fun for the non teenage crowd because they continue to play it with verrrry clever laughs rather than going "coming of age allegory" a la Buffy.

I can`t wait to see how you like it...

BTW - I order a Kent comb today - he REALLY knows what he`s doing %)...gabi
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2002 at 11:14pm
Hey Waggy,

Yes...I am definitely into Spikey. I would love to know what he uses on his super bleached locks. It looks like he may use aloe vera gel becaue of how it has that "waxy look" going.

Geez I am starting quite a inventory of stores. I am addicted to Temptation Island 2 because I love to watch the hair show. I also track Mandy from TI1 because she went from orange to vamp black.

Let me know how you like the Kent comb. I have heard great things bout it. :-)

Karen
Sam View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2002 at 6:56am
Is it me or is Buffy wearing her hair up more this series?
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2002 at 1:49am
Hi all,

I watched my first Angel this week and saw Cordelia, just as you all promised. Same old Cordelia and she had brown hair. There she was in a demon dimension talking to herself in her typical DOH way. I loved the show. Just loved it. I was bracing myself for the reported blonde Cordelia and was glad to see her as a brunette. I didn`t know that the old Buffy watcher Wesley was also on that show. I had wondered about him as well.

So I hope you are all happy, now I am addicted to yet another show. ARGH. I will need another VCR just to tape everything.

I am still watching reruns of Buffy because even though I have seen them so many times, it is addictive. Just watched the the John Ritter episode where he was the robot romancing Buffy`s mother. Ahhh, those were the days. :-)

Best wishes,
Karen
Waggy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waggy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2002 at 2:07am
Aaawwwwk!!! I missed the first Angel back - can you summarize???

Lot`s of good Spikey almost bare on Buffy lately - wooooheeeee...gabi
Klaatu48 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Klaatu48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2002 at 12:07pm
SPOILER alert....

In teh first Angel back, I only caught a bit of it, but Cordelia was told that the visions would eventually cause her head to explode (they were never meant for humans) by that demon-guy Skip. She refused to give them up, though, so she was made part-demon. Now she seems to levitate when having a vision.

On another note... Buffy: The Musical just rocked. :-)

And Buffy`s new hair is kinda cute... I`ve always thought her best look was in the first season.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic