Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Charisma Carpenter

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
JerkyFlea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JerkyFlea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Charisma Carpenter
    Posted: February 06 2002 at 8:13am
Just when I thought Charisma was getting her hair back in shape, things start going very wrong again. She had grown her bob out to about mid-neck length and it looked better with her face shape (which is round with a touch of heart shape).

Anyway, since then, she has cut it back to bob length and had some sort of unfortunate bang incident. She now has these baby bangs, much like Calista Flockhart accidentally got a year or so ago, that obviously weren`t intentional because they have yet to figure out what to do with them when styling her hair on the show. They usually try to hide them by slicking them into the rest of her hair or pushing them to the side, with very limited success. Anyone know what happened?

And now, to further exacerbate the problem, it next week`s episode, it looks like she`s gone back to the blonde streaks. How hard is this folks? Blonde streaks in light brown/blonde hair = fine. Blonde streaks in medium/dark brown hair = OK. Blonde steaks in black hair = no, no, no. But maybe that`s me.

JF
3 pm is simultaneously too late and too early to start anything.
AggiePam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AggiePam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2002 at 2:40pm
Dittos!! (on the rules of highlights!)
Did you see the Penelope Cruz incident on the INstyle cover?? It was horrid, not to mention completely unecessary, on her beautiful hair!
ssjockey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssjockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2002 at 12:20am
JF,

Nice to see you getting back into the habbit of commenting again, isn`t it about time you got the column going again? It was an original and many of us miss it so...

As for Charisma, can`t agree with you on this one, I kinda liked the blondish bob she had last season. Lightened up the show. The show was dark enough, and I liked the change, but then again, I think change is good for the soul!
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2002 at 5:19am
Hey JF & all,

The thing that confounds me about Charisma (and I am a huge fan) is that her highlights are really dated. Highlighting trends for 2002 are all about soft blending and compatible hues like the lovely ladies on Friends. Highlights for 2002 have names like soft caramel, cookies n cream, latte. Charisma`s black and white stark constrast is just not happening right now. So what where the studio stylists thinking?
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2002 at 9:59am
From an on line artical I read.....

"It`s a complicated question," the Angel star admits, "because I have moments when I feel sexy, definitely. But inside I feel more immature and little girly than I do womanly. I recently -and I know this sounds so superficial -but I cut my hair and it`s actually made me feel so sophisticated. I feel that I`ve finally embraced my age (she`s 30). My looks and my haircut have just given me an inner glow. I feel really happy with that and having this experience, even though it was brought on by something as superficial as a haircut. Also, I`ve gained a little bit of weight, and all of the old guys on the show are saying things like, `You`ve never looked better; I like it when you`ve got a little ass.` I know how they mean it. So I guess I do have my moments."
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2002 at 10:53am
Thanks Hal. That explains a lot. It had to be hard for her acting like a high school senior when she was on Buffy and in her late 20s.

Best wishes,
Karen
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
Julia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Julia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2002 at 12:39pm
Apparently, CC was trying to grow her hair out a bit (and darken it) and mangement at the WB had her cut and lighten it again.....something to do with market research and the younger audience. They found her more credible with the short `do`.
loveshorthair View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2002 at 3:27pm
OK, I feel like an idiot but who is she? I looked her up on the web, found many galleries, but none had her with short hair. The only pictures were long, dark brown. What show is she on so I can see, unless someone has a link that show her with shorter hair.

Olivia Chillia View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Olivia Chillia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2002 at 5:41pm
She`s Cordy on the WB show Angel. You can see her at the WB site under "Angel."
betty View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote betty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2002 at 4:09pm
In a recent interview she said the reason she went back to the blonde short hairstyle (with that terrible fringe) was because the producers felt that black hair does not convey the `happiness` of Cordelia and amongst Angel and the others, the blondeness lightened her up.

I personally think she looked so much better with the long long hair and the shoulder length do she had a while ago.
buzzednapelover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buzzednapelover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2002 at 8:25pm
I`m not sure how old this picture is, but it shows her with a lighter, shorter, curlier look....

http://luminoustimes.com/about/charisma.jpg

or go out to this site to see over 500 different pictures of her.....

http://www.charisma-carpenter.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic