Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hair. It really DOES make a difference.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
WMA001 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WMA001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hair. It really DOES make a difference.
    Posted: April 21 2002 at 10:07pm
Just a passing comment about female hairstyles.

I work at a large corporation as a Support Analyst, and have the opportunity to vist all areas of our office building at any given time.

The thing that came to realize the other day is that I`m guilty of taking a lot for granted.

One day a female co-worker will come to work and I don`t know her from a hole in the wall.

The next day she comes in with a fantastic new cut or color, and I`m immediately interested - even going so far as to strike up conversation.

The point I`m trying to make is how the old saying dictates "you can`t judge a book by its cover".

Why else would a change in appearance suddenly make us notice someone who otherwise would have fit in with the woodwork and never be given a second thouht? Or, worse yet, be frowned upon beCAUSE of their appearance (be it an unattractive style, bad choice in bangs, horrible attempt at a home coloring, etc.).

Now, I`m not saying that we should all rush out and find someone that needs a little help in the appearance area, and expect that they will turn out to be a work of art. All I`m proposing is that people are who they are on the inside, no matter what the outside is.

But, depending on their appearance, and any reason they may have had for changing said appearance, although they may feel either better or worse about themselves, they`re still just a variation on what`s inside.
Aoecean Glyvxx View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aoecean Glyvxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2002 at 11:27pm
Conformity equals failure...Conformity is wanted. A person should do what they want. The ideal images were created by the caucausian anyways.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic