Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Reese Witherspoon

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
buzzednapelover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buzzednapelover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Reese Witherspoon
    Posted: July 11 2002 at 5:55pm
Is in a movie that is do out this fall called Sweet Home Alabama. She looks pretty good in the trailer for this upcoming movie found on this page:

http://movies.yahoo.com/movies/feature/sweethomealabama.html

Gord View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2002 at 7:18pm
Buzz, do you ever wonder why few, if any, celebrities dont have buzzed napes?
Gord View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2002 at 7:18pm
Well, that read well. Let`s try again: Do you ever wonder why we rarely see a celebrity with a buzzed nape. There.
The Riddler View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Riddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2002 at 9:51pm
Great picture of Reese....

I rarely see any females with buzzed napes for that matter

shorthair75_2000 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shorthair75_2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2002 at 5:03pm
Originally posted by Gord Gord wrote:

Well, that read well. Let's try again: Do you ever wonder why we rarely see a celebrity with a buzzed nape. There.

what happened to Gord and who are you? I suppose its because they like you gord feel that long hair sells and they wouldn`t be popular with a buzzed nape. Pixies are the closes you probeley ever see unless its for a movie where they get it all buzzed.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buzzednapelover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2002 at 7:43am
Hey Gord! I got a question for ya: Do you ever wonder why people on this board always slam you? I think I have an idea why. It probably has to do with the fact that if someone on this board appreciates shorter hairstyles on celebrities, you have to make a point of letting us know that we are lameasses and that we don`t have a clue on what "real" beauty is. All this post was intended to do is show that Reese looks really cute with a mid-length choppy blond hairdo.

And to answer your question about the buzzed napes, it probably has to do with the fact that the society (based upon alot of people like yourself) has made it clear to celebrities that they are NOT beautiful unless they have hair down to their @ss (even if it is all stringy and ratty). I live in a town that has a major college university and based on the women I see around here, long hair on women is the minority. You see anything from crewcuts to about shoulder length (maybe the occasional mid-back length do). Since these students and professionals do not have so called "society" telling them that they are ugly with short hair, they tend to go that way because they like it and find that they ARE pretty and that it just wasn`t the hair that made them good looking.

I realize that this thread has gone a little off the "celebrity" subject, but you have to admit super short hair on various celebrities make them stand out. Think Charlize Theron in Astronaut`s Wife, or Demi Moore in Ghost, or Halle Berry just about any time or......
JerkyFlea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JerkyFlea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2002 at 3:43pm
Not to worsen the situation, but I think the comentary was on buzzed napes and not short hair. There are lots of short haired celebs and many of those short styles have been celebrated right here on this board. But, since the late 80s (with the exception of that on season on "Roseanne" where Becky sported one), there hasn`t been a celebrity with the "bowl cut" or angled-to-the-occipital-bone bob with a clippered nape. It`s simply out of style, no matter how popular it may be in the minds of the short hair fans that frequent this an other boards.

Sorry,
JF
3 pm is simultaneously too late and too early to start anything.
Rachel A View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rachel A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2002 at 4:10pm
Sounds like Gordo has worn out another welcome on yet another board!
"Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buzzednapelover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2002 at 8:52pm
Actually, the commentary should have been on Reese Witherspoon and her recent hairstyle since that is what the thread was started for. But Gord felt it necessary to rip on my user i.d. Maybe I should change my user i.d. to my first name...that would be original!

Rachel A View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rachel A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2002 at 8:59pm
Naw...keep your user ID. There`s nothing wrong with it. I think it`s original and certainly represents your personality.
"Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all"
Gord View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2002 at 9:39pm
Originally posted by buzzednapelover buzzednapelover wrote:

Actually, the commentary should have been on Reese Witherspoon and her recent hairstyle since that is what the thread was started for. But Gord felt it necessary to rip on my user i.d. Maybe I should change my user i.d. to my first name...that would be original!

Oh my goodness. I didn`t rip on anything. Read it again. I asked a question: Why don`t we see celebs with buzzed napes.

In reality -- and I`d appreciate it if you stopped trying to speak for me -- I am fascinated by buzzed napes. Occasionally, when I see a woman with a buzzed nape, it can be pretty exciting and even sexy. When I see a woman with a buzzed nape, I often wonder about the thought process that went into her getting it cut tht way. There was a woman I knew that kept her hair buzzed from ear to ear. It was unusual, but she was very hot. It wouldn`t have been my first choice of haircut on her, but I never let her know. My only dislike about them is the growing ou part which seem to last a long time.

My aren`t we all sensitive. If I have offended you, buzz, I assure you that it was not intentional and I apologize. Buzzed napes have not been addressed on this board before, so I thought I`d mention them in passing.

I agree with you, in fact, that there is a shortage of longhair women: not just in college towns but in every city I`ve visited.

And nice to meet you, Rachel. When you get a chance, please e-mail me the list of boards on which I`ve worn out my welcome. I haven`t left any of them and I`d appreciate you not being the decision maker for the Unwelcome Wagon. You know, I think piling on is still a penalty in pro football.

Durango View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Durango Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2002 at 2:07pm
Tsk, tsk. Be nice, boys and girls.

And as for the hairdo itself--while Ms. Witherspoon would look good in just about any haircut, I for one am a bit tired of the "I let my demented hairdresser chop off my hair with a pair of hedge trimmers while blindfolded" look.
Durango
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shorthair75_2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2002 at 6:46pm
Originally posted by Durango Durango wrote:

And as for the hairdo itself--while Ms. Witherspoon would look good in just about any haircut, I for one am a bit tired of the "I let my demented hairdresser chop off my hair with a pair of hedge trimmers while blindfolded" look.

You know you got a point there Durango. After I read your post i took another look at the picture and thats what it looks like. Althought with reese she still looks cute. She looked good with long hair and looked hot after she cut it short and would look hot even shorter IMO. But I read somewhere that she wants to grow it out to bad. Isn`t it weird that they have long hair there hole life one day decide to cut it then hastely grow it out before giving short hair a chance. Like Jennifer Anisten, Gweneth Plowtrow, Liv Tyler, Keri Russell was forced to grow, Britney Spears has shoulder lenght but wears extensions all the time, Katherine Heigl is on the grow and now Reese.
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shorthair75_2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2002 at 6:49pm
Originally posted by Durango Durango wrote:

You know you got a point there Durango. After I read your post i took another look at the picture and thats what it looks like. Althought with reese she still looks cute. She looked good with long hair and looked hot after she cut it short and would look hot even shorter IMO. But I read somewhere that she wants to grow it out to bad. Isn`t it weird that they have long hair there hole life one day decide to cut it then hastely grow it out before giving short hair a chance. Like Jennifer Anisten, Gweneth Plowtrow, Liv Tyler, Keri Russell was forced to grow, Britney Spears has shoulder lenght but wears extensions all the time, Katherine Heigl is on the grow and now Reese.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buzzednapelover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2002 at 8:57pm
Gord: Apology accepted and I am sending one to you in return. I must have totally misunderstood your post. And to answer your question, I am not sure why we don`t see more of them. A bob with a buzzed nape is much easier to grow out than say a choppy shag, but they only seem to catch on with very trendy type models (as far as famous people go).
Gord View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2002 at 11:20pm
Just saw Reese Witherspoon tonight on David Letterman`s show. Her hair is longer and shaggier and she has long, beautiful bangs. Very sexy. A great improvement over the short look.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic