Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Cyndi Lauper- whatever happened to?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Aoecean Glyvxx View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aoecean Glyvxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cyndi Lauper- whatever happened to?
    Posted: July 21 2002 at 2:40am
Many of you may think I just listen to experimental deep space music(the xenomorphic side) about aliens. Your wrong....I am 19, etc...
I listen to alot of Cyndi Lauper(my perky side)..Whatever happened to her? She had a big influence on the hair today.
felix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote felix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2002 at 5:18am
You`re only 19? I thought you would be older than I am rather than younger .....

felix is amazed
-f
buzzednapelover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buzzednapelover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2002 at 7:38am
The last I knew she "just wanted to have fun". But I`m pretty sure her hair was showing it`s "true colors".

Seriously, I found this image on wireimage.com that mentions she was at a in-store appearance on July 18 for her new album "Shine"

scary View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2002 at 1:59pm
scary.
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aoecean Glyvxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2002 at 3:02pm
At 40, she can still take risks...
I`ve been listening to alot of 80s music lately...I was born in 1982 and I remember hearing my older cousins talk about a lot of the music.
felix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote felix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2002 at 3:06pm
Hey, I was born in `82 too. Can`t remember Cyndi, though.
-f
JerkyFlea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JerkyFlea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2002 at 10:35am
Originally posted by felix felix wrote:

Hey, I was born in '82 too. Can't remember Cyndi, though.

Oh, c`mon. Red/orange hair long on one side and shaved on the other? "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun"? "True Colors"? "Time After Time"? "She Bop"? Geez, I suddenly feel old.

By the way, wasn`t `82 when Big Country won best new artist? =)

"I`ve never seen you look like this without a reason...",
JerkyFlea

3 pm is simultaneously too late and too early to start anything.
ladystardust View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladystardust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2002 at 11:26am
Big Country weren`t nominated until the `84 Grammys (for 1983). Cyndi won in `85 for Best New Artist. And Men at Work won for 1982...ok, now I`M feeling old!

I remember my friends dressing up as Cyndi for Halloween in `84.

She`s had better hairdos(don`ts?) than the one she has now. But the nice thing with Cyndi, ya know it will never last TOO long :D

Erin
hairalways View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairalways Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2002 at 5:19am
I read in people that she has stopped coloring her hair so that she wouldn`t stand out at her kid`s school PTA meetings. What a great mom! I liked her hair in the episodes she did for "Mad About You".

Jacqui
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aoecean Glyvxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2002 at 3:58pm
Yeah...The 80s ruled.....I was listening to REO Speedwagon last night.
shorthair75_2000 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shorthair75_2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2002 at 5:41pm
She always was a Modonna wanna be. But she had some cute songs in the 80`s which rule. The 80`s brought many intresting styles like with the hair bands. Modonna, Cyndi, Tiffany, all great styles at there time now is another story.
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aoecean Glyvxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2002 at 11:14pm
She may have been a Madonna wannabe, but as a musician Cyndi Lauper had the better band(Goonies R you good enough?, opening moog line in She-Bop, Ska riffs in Witness)
Leanan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leanan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2002 at 3:11am
Originally posted by shorthair75_2000 shorthair75_2000 wrote:

She always was a Modonna wanna be. But she had some cute songs in the 80's which rule. The 80's brought many intresting styles like with the hair bands. Modonna, Cyndi, Tiffany, all great styles at there time now is another story.

Actually I think it`s the other way round...
but than again they are so different in style you can`t really compare them.
Hair style wise I prefer Cyndi.

This could be another poll - who had the best/worst hair in the 80s - men and women....
There is not only black and white, there is also grey

Leanan
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic