Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Dixie Chicks

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Durango View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Durango Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dixie Chicks
    Posted: December 11 2002 at 2:12pm
Anybody catch the Dixie Chicks special last night? For my money, their hairdresser(s) should be forever barred from touching a pair of shears. Natalie had an "I stuck my finger in the light socket" super frizzy perm--very lifeless and entirely wrong for her rather round face. Part of it might have been extensions; if so, the stylist did a great job of making the extensions look as awful as the rest.

Emily and Martie both wore their hair stick straight with choppy ends--I think the hair stylists call that "texturizing." The stylist apparently regards this technique as a huge success if the client, after having spent a young fortune at the salon, looks as though she hasn`t been near one in months. But at least theirs was shiny and brushed.

Of course, they worry about this all the way to the bank.
Durango
turquoise_girl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turquoise_girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2002 at 2:43pm
no, i didn`t catch it but natalie must not mind that look since i`ve seen her wear her hair that way many times. hmmm...
AggiePam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AggiePam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2002 at 8:56pm
I caught part of it but actually had to change the channel (despite the fact that I enjoy their music) because I could not look at her (Natalie`s) hair anymore.

My guess is that it is an actual perm (gasp). Because she has had it for a while. Or someone has really tired hands from rolling it for each appearance.

I didn`t mind the other two so much. Their hair didn`t bother nor impress me too much. They have had really cool hair in the past though!
Gord View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2002 at 8:30am
I so totally disagree about Natalie`s hair. Looked great, although I`m guessing it was filled out by extensions. My favorite has always been the brunette, though.
loveshorthair View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2002 at 9:00pm
I thought Natalie`s hair was hideous!
Rachel A View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rachel A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2002 at 10:24pm
I`v seen her hair look better...but...it wasn`t a bad look for her. It did look like she could use a conditioning.
"Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all"
glitterjess View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glitterjess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2002 at 11:33pm
I thought her hair looked really cute! People are so rude about curly hair.
Olivia Chillia View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Olivia Chillia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 26 2002 at 2:01pm
I don`t think the objections were to short or curly hair. I think the objections were to the condition of her hair and the inappropriateness of the style to her face shape.
AggiePam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AggiePam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 27 2002 at 3:48pm
Originally posted by Olivia Chillia Olivia Chillia wrote:

] I don`t think the objections were to short or curly hair. I think the objections were to the condition of her hair and the inappropriateness of the style to her face shape.

Exactly! If you research the board you`ll notice lots of people have positively mentioned curly hair when it is appropriate for the person. ie: Nicole Kidman, Amy Brenamen(sp?), etc.

Oh...did you see the Chicks on the CMT special inside fame, Natalie`s hair looked great. It was straight but with body, a few bangs. anyway, I have never seen her look better! It was the perfect style for her!
Lady Maria View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lady Maria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 31 2002 at 6:01pm
The Dixie Chicks hair is debatable. They could have it done better, and with their money they could afford the best hairdressers.

I love their music though. They are better than some people give them credit for. They are more than just pretty ladies!
Lady Maria
Durango View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Durango Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2003 at 11:27pm
Originally posted by Olivia Chillia Olivia Chillia wrote:

]I don't think the objections were to short or curly hair. I think the objections were to the condition of her hair and the inappropriateness of the style to her face shape.

You got it. See Nicole Kidman or Alicia Witt (not the current iteration in "Two Weeks Notice", though that`s great hair too). There`s a big difference IMO between shiny, curly hair and frizzy, overprocessed hair.

Even Natalie looks great with curls. Admittedly, the curls are a hairpiece, but the curly `do in the video for "Landslide" is fabulous.
Durango
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic