Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Haircut predictions for 2003

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
franklin View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote franklin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Haircut predictions for 2003
    Posted: January 15 2003 at 6:35pm
Who will get a major haircut in 2003?

I predict Brooke Shields will cut hers considerably shorter. She`s going to have a baby and she`s about due for one anyway.
shorthair75_2000 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shorthair75_2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2003 at 7:21pm
Shes been do for 20 years now. She looked good when she took it shoulder lenght back when she was on suddenly susan. Its just long straight and boring no style flair or any thing its just long!
Lady Maria View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lady Maria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2003 at 7:22pm
I predict Jennifer Lopez, either this year or soon, will get a shorter hairstyle. Have you noticed how most pictures you see of her lately she is always wearing her hair pulled back or worn up so you can really see her beautiful feminine features! She looks so great that way!
She looks wonderful in long hair, but she has such great features she would also look very attractive in almost any length of hair, including a quite short style. She is just exceptionally beautiful.

Also, it looks like she is finally getting serious with a guy, Mr. Ben Affleck of course, and if they get married soon and she gets pregnant or adopts, it is more likely she will get a short hairstyle, which so many women do once they get married and start having kids.
Since I wear my hair short, and my fiancee likes it, maybe I am biased in this regard, but there does seem to be some truth in it!
Lady Maria
clownboots View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clownboots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2003 at 8:29pm
I just saw a pic of J-Lo from High School (I think it was in the tabloid "The Globe") when she wore her hair very short. Even though I like short hairstyles on some women, it wasn`t particularly becoming on her. I hope she doesn`t do it.

As for my 2003 predictions, I predict that:

Charlize Theron will go back to a shorter style. It seems like her career flattened when she grew it all out (just the opposite of Keri Russell).

I also think that Rene Zellweger could be going in a shorter direction taking one baby step at a time.

Ditto for Jennifer Love Hewitt.

Ditto for Rebecca Romjin-Stamos. Although she will be the first of the three to grow it out.

Despite the temptation to go short during her pregnancy, Catherine Bell will grow her hair out to a flattering mid-shoulder length.

Nicole Kidman will go the way of the Oscar. If she wins, she won`t go any shorter than her present below-the-chin length. If she fails to garner an award/nomination for "The Hours," she`ll make a risker move towards a more mature and dramatic (no pun intended) style.

Naomi Watts will play it safe in the coming year and won`t make any radical changes in length or style until her star status is further cemented.

Britney Spears will . . . well who really cares?

Ditto for Christina Aguilera.

Halle Berry will grow a modified afro and somehow make it look good.

Ashley Judd will stay short . . . perhaps for good. Like Halle Berry, she looks great in virtually every length/style, but has the look and personality to pull off the shorter styles.

Sharon Stone will sport her longest do in years, althought she is 5-6 years too late.

Ditto for Faith Hill, who will finally ditch the lame extensions.

Shania Twain will toy with the idea of doing something drastic, but will ultimately play it safe staying with longer styles.

Penelope Cruz will begin to grow it out from her mid length bob.

Winona Ryder will be moving back to longer lengths.

Jennifer Garner`s wig collection will continue to grow, thereby minimizing her desire to alter her style too terribly much.

Finally, I am going to go out on a limb and predict that Pamela Anderson will go to a shoulder length or gasp . . . even shorter. Her hiatus will allow her to stray from the pressures of looking like the quintessential California bleached-blonde-bimbo, and once and for all, she`ll be able to mend her damaged hair.

Lady Maria View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lady Maria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2003 at 10:43pm
Clownboats,
You mentioned you didn`t think Jennifer Lopez looked that good in high school with a short hair style.
I have seen pictures of her in high school too. She is in her early thirties now, that was 15 or 16 years ago! She looks very different now. Her features are more womanly and better defined. When she pulls her hair back now you can see how nice she would look in a short style where you can really see her face. There is no doubt she looks great with a full view of her face. She looks better with her hair up than down, as most exceptionally pretty women do.

Also, of course, it depends what kind of short hairstyle she was to get. Some short styles would flatter her much more than others.
With her money, she would obviously go to one of the best hairstylists who I am sure would give her a very flattering look, if she were to go with a short hairstyle.
So with all due respect, I have to disagree with you. A woman as beautiful as her with the right short style would look sensational!
Lady Maria
haman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2003 at 1:07pm
I think Jennifer Aniston will do something this summer.....perhaps a red colour...she`s never had that...
I wouldn`t be surprised to see Courtney Cox do something too......she`s had it long for awhile....
Jennifer Love Hewitt will start to go lighter again.....probably brown with highlights...
ssjockey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssjockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2003 at 9:39pm
Originally posted by franklin franklin wrote:

Who will get a major haircut in 2003?

I predict Brooke Shields will cut hers considerably shorter. She's going to have a baby and she's about due for one anyway.

I seriously doubt it...Brooke cut her hair towards the end of "Suddenly Susan" to just at/above her shoulders, it didn`t suit her. I think she looks best with hair about 3-4 inches below her shoulders...
franklin View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote franklin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2003 at 9:57pm
I don`t think Brooke looks best with shorter hair either but every few years she gets it cut. I think she looks best with mid back hair and bangs.
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shorthair75_2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 27 2003 at 12:20pm
I thought every one might enjoy reading this seeing who was right. I will be makeing a new post soon on a recap of this year.
Desmond View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Desmond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 27 2003 at 12:45pm
I predict that Michelle Trachtenberg, Sarah Michelle Gellar and Anna Kournikova will have new hair styles in the next 12 months. Maybe I'm being a bit optimistic on the Kournikova part though.
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shorthair75_2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 27 2003 at 1:26pm
Originally posted by Desmond Desmond wrote:

I predict that Michelle Trachtenberg, Sarah Michelle Gellar and Anna Kournikova will have new hair styles in the next 12 months. Maybe I'm being a bit optimistic on the Kournikova part though.

Maybe I'm being a bit optimistic on the Kournikova part though.
What makes you say that, just because she has never seen the inside of a hair salon does not mean she will never. I would love to see Anna cut her hair, what would be great is have her donate her long hair to wigs for kids it would be a great publicity stunt and some one will benifit from the hair cut and Anna will get a nice haircut that was done fior a god reason.
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2003 at 5:34pm
Originally posted by shorthair75_2000 shorthair75_2000 wrote:

... just because she has never seen the inside of a hair salon does not mean she will never.

Get real. She's spent plenty of money at salons.
Originally posted by shorthair75_2000 shorthair75_2000 wrote:

I would love to see Anna cut her hair, what would be great is have her donate her long hair to wigs for kids it would be a great publicity stunt and some one will benifit from the hair cut and Anna will get a nice haircut that was done fior a god reason.

I have no doubt that her long hair is an essential part of her appeal to the majority of young men in the western world. Cutting her hair would not help her career. Though it might, to a nano-degree, help the manufacturers of cardboard boxes, for that is where it would surely sit, unused, at some "charity."
Brent E from San Francisco View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brent E from San Francisco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2003 at 5:46pm
I usually prefer short haired ladies, but I must admit Anna is a long hair natural and she does look great with her long hair.
I never see her wear her long hair up, I bet she would look great with a nice updo.
Anna would look good if she put some curl to her hair also.

As far as a short haircut goes she is very pretty so obviously she would look good in a short 'do.

I don't see her going to something as short as a pixie, but she may eventually, as she gets deeper into her 20s, go for a short bob cut, which she would look great in.

It seems to be common for many women when they are very young to wear long straight hair and then once they are 25 or 30 go to a pixie or a bob cut. Some celebrities do this and many women in everyday life do this, I've known a number of women myself who have done that, (much to my delight I might add!).
Brent E from San Francisco View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brent E from San Francisco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2003 at 5:46pm
Sorry posted twice.
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shorthair75_2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2003 at 5:56pm
[ Though it might, to a nano-degree, help the manufacturers of cardboard boxes, for that is where it would surely sit, unused, at some "charity."

[/QUOTE]
Why is it when any one puts down Annas long hair or suggests donating it to charity you have nothing but negitive about charity. What makes you such an expert that you can say hair donations don't get used? Did you work for one did you know some one that needed a hair donation and was refused? Please tell use inquiring minds want to know. Anna does have some what of a sex apeal with the long blonde hair but as far as her job goes she is a bad tennis player, from what I've heard she has never won a championship much less many games, thats part of the reason she wants to become an actress now. Anna is not all that!! She wears skimppy clothing and long blonde hair to apeal to the male population, wow she sounds alot like Britney Spears.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic