Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Alanna Ubach

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Rod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Alanna Ubach
    Posted: June 29 2003 at 11:36am
If you saw "Legally Blond" you'll remember Alanna Ubach as Reese Witherspoon's brunette sorority sister. For the premiere of "Legally Blond 2," she's sporting a short crop.

http://www.wireimage.com/GalleryListing.asp?navtyp=CLB&str=69&styp=clbi&nm=Alanna+Ubach
Gord View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2003 at 6:32pm
I wish she had sought my advice. (I'm not hard to find.) I thought she looked great before the cut, especially at the last premiere. The cut does nothing for her, except make her face look bigger. Is that a good thing?

Does anybody know why they gave Reese Witherspoon extensions for the current movie? I'm guessing the producers liked her hair better longer.
Rod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2003 at 6:39pm
Witherspoon isn't wearing extensions in "Legally 2."

Her natural color wasn't blond enough for the director in the first film, so they dyed her hair a bright blond. It really damaged her hair. She decided that she wasn't going through that again, so she's wearing a wig.

When deciding on a wig, they chose one that closely matched the style Witherspoon wore in the first film. They even make a joke about the cut in this film, with one character calling her "Capital Barbie."

The classic long hair suits this character more than the more cutting edge look Witherspoon has sported since the film. Elle Woods is classically Barbie cute, not edgy.
Brent E. View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brent E. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2003 at 7:08pm
Women don't always look better in long hair, as Gord usually believes, nor do they always look better in short hair as I am inclined to believe.

In the case of Alanna however, she looked extremelly plain and ordinary with her long hair. She has more pizazz, she really looks much better with her short do!!!
Gord View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2003 at 10:27pm
Originally posted by Rod Rod wrote:

Witherspoon isn't wearing extensions in "Legally 2."

Her natural color wasn't blond enough for the director in the first film, so they dyed her hair a bright blond. It really damaged her hair. She decided that she wasn't going through that again, so she's wearing a wig.

When deciding on a wig, they chose one that closely matched the style Witherspoon wore in the first film. They even make a joke about the cut in this film, with one character calling her "Capital Barbie."

The classic long hair suits this character more than the more cutting edge look Witherspoon has sported since the film. Elle Woods is classically Barbie cute, not edgy.
Well, excuuuuuuuuuuuuse me! Extensions/wig. Wig/extensions. The point is it isn't her own hair.
HairLover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HairLover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2003 at 6:27am
Gord got it right.

Allana looked much much more sophisticated and sexy at the last premier (legally Blonde-1). The cut is 'ok' but it too plain-jane IMHO.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic