Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Alanis cut it shorter

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Gord View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Alanis cut it shorter
    Posted: July 19 2003 at 11:40pm
Originally posted by natasha natasha wrote:

Hey, Gord, remember when I commented on Britney's hair a couple days ago, saying it's "too bad" that she's wearing extensions again? You responded:

Quote ow exactly are you affected by what Brit's hair looks like? Certainly not enough to be "too bad." [...] Sorry for the overreaction, but I just don't get a comment like "too bad." When I saw her hair shorter and darker, I didn't say "too bad." I said, "Oh well."

Now, please tell me, how is screaming "what a crying shame" any better than my "too bad" comment? Are you overreacting again? Or is your pathological fixation on extra-long hair just getting out of control?
Nat, I still don't get your comment. How are extensions "too bad?" I don't want to put words in your mouth, but if you don't like extensions, perhaps you should have written, "Too bad, as I do not care for extensions," or if you liked her better with short hair, perhaps you could have written, "Too bad, I liked her better with short hair." But "Too bad" on its own just doesn't say anything. I think that was my point.

If you don't agree that Alanis' hair loss is a crying shame, so be it. I'm not the only longhair lover that thinks it's worse than "too bad."
princessmonica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote princessmonica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 19 2003 at 12:47pm
i agree with gord. i like alanis hair really long. the only thing at times alanis looks like she needs to wash her hair. just my opinion thogh. she gives a good concert i saw her in concert back in 95.
tina m View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tina m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 19 2003 at 11:03am
That particular picture of Alanis with shorter mid length hair isn't a very good one Gord, in some of the other pictures of her after her haircut, she looks much better.
Having said that though, I must admit she did look very good with the very long hair before her haircut, she does wear long hair well.
With either hair length I think she is an attractive, incredible woman and a wonderful singer/musician!
tina
natasha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote natasha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 19 2003 at 10:35am
Hey, Gord, remember when I commented on Britney's hair a couple days ago, saying it's "too bad" that she's wearing extensions again? You responded:

Quote ow exactly are you affected by what Brit's hair looks like? Certainly not enough to be "too bad." [...] Sorry for the overreaction, but I just don't get a comment like "too bad." When I saw her hair shorter and darker, I didn't say "too bad." I said, "Oh well."

Now, please tell me, how is screaming "what a crying shame" any better than my "too bad" comment? Are you overreacting again? Or is your pathological fixation on extra-long hair just getting out of control?
Gord View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 19 2003 at 9:39am
Someone -- anyone -- please tell me how Alanis looks better now than she did before.

Today:

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story2&u=/030718/168/4q3ct.html&e=16&ncid=707

In the not so distant past:

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story2&u=/030718/168/4q20u.html&e=9&ncid=707

What a crying shame.
franklin View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote franklin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2003 at 9:51pm
I'm pretty sure she'll cut it again soon.
tina m View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tina m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2003 at 9:12pm
Wow!!! Thanks guys! Clublez.com is a great website! A bisexual woman's dream!! A big hug and a kiss! I'm going to show this to Kathy when she gets home!

tina
Gord View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2003 at 8:48pm
Hal, I thought you knew all about all the cool sites. Clublez.com has been a personal favorite for years. It is just chockful of... uh... news on female celebrities, many of whom have interesting hairstyles. This was the site where I first learned about Portia DeRossi and her, umm, haircut. They seem to be a bit behind on the Alanis haircut which is, err, why you probably didn't find the portion on her very interesting. Am I right?
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2003 at 2:39pm
Not pooping my party.... Alanis was the least interesting thing on that web site....
JerkyFlea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JerkyFlea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2003 at 9:26am
Call me the rain on Tina's parade and the pooper of Hal's party, but Alanis is currently dating Ryan Reynolds, formerly of "Two Guys and a Girl".

And I'm mixed on Alanis' cut. The layers probably look good styled, but since Alanis generally only bothers "doing" her hair when she's going to a premiere or something, It may not have been the best choice. What I'm wondering more is whether she's planning to go shorter. Obviously, the mid-back cut was just a stepping stone to this one. I doubt she will, but you never know.

JF
3 pm is simultaneously too late and too early to start anything.
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2003 at 6:49am
Originally posted by Gord Gord wrote:

Tina, looks like you might get your chance.

From www.clublez.com...

"According to a music show on Swedish national TV, Alanis had done an interview where she said that she was currently "experimenting" in living with another woman and having a girl-girl relationship.

In a recent interview, Alanis confirmed this. She said: "I'm physically attracted to women all the time, and during a short period, I had a relationship with another woman."

From the same site:

http://www.clublez.com/movies/celebrity_images/celebrity_images.htm

Gord... quite possibly the best link you have ever offered!!!!!!
hairalways View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairalways Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2003 at 8:13pm
She has beautiful hair and is lucky to be one of those women who can have long, beautiful hair.
She must be looking for a change...as Tony says - It's good for the soul.

Jacqui
lhl View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lhl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2003 at 12:54pm
waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
tina m View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tina m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2003 at 10:39am
Gord.
I like it! I had a sneaky suspicion about Alanis. She is just so sexy that I thought she might be into women as well as men.
Now I just have to find a way to meet her!-(just joking Kathy!)-.
tina
Gord View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2003 at 11:28pm
Tina, looks like you might get your chance.

From www.clublez.com...

"According to a music show on Swedish national TV, Alanis had done an interview where she said that she was currently "experimenting" in living with another woman and having a girl-girl relationship.

In a recent interview, Alanis confirmed this. She said: "I'm physically attracted to women all the time, and during a short period, I had a relationship with another woman."

From the same site:

http://www.clublez.com/movies/celebrity_images/celebrity_images.htm

tina m View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tina m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2003 at 8:40pm
Alanis is one of the most talented women in music. I love her music!She is great!

She looks good with her trimmed-(but still long hair)- She is VERY sexy! Wonder if she is looking for a female groupie?

I'd do her!!!-(tee hee)-
tina
arch94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arch94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2003 at 8:03pm
YES!!! I've personally been waiting on this one for a long time. I'm with Hal, when did she get the boobs? Don't do it Gord! If you're gone, who are us short hair fans gonna clash with?
Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2003 at 5:55pm
Nope when she was on Nick some kid program her hair was almost a pixie.
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.
franklin View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote franklin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2003 at 5:20pm
Wow! This is short for Alanis. This will take some getting used to. I liked the last cut (long midback).
94harley View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 94harley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2003 at 4:58pm
Mid-back was short enough! This is way too short for her! Sorry folks but I think she needs to grow it back to her butt or longer. Just my opinion
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic