Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Alanis shorter and shorter

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
lev View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Alanis shorter and shorter
    Posted: September 29 2003 at 10:02am
Kevin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 29 2003 at 11:51am
Whilst I never was a fan of hers, I always thought she looked interesting with the very long hair, but now I think she actually looks boring. Perhaps the only thing to do now is a very short crop. At least it might give her a bit of sparkle again.
Vineman_ View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vineman_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 29 2003 at 6:05pm
Ack now she's Short short, that hair would normally be quite cute but it doesn't work on her, and when you've seen her with long hair too. She probably will go to pixie length. Either that or she'll get scared and get extensions.

Suppose it's only fair that she can do what she likes, but it's a shame less and less people nowadays have long hair, generally only celebrities and even they seem to be shedding it the whole time.
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2003 at 2:29am
Every time I see her on new topics I keep hoping to see it actually short, but it hasn't been yet. *sighs* Maybe if I don't check for a month, by the time I look again it really will be. *laughs*
More awesome than a manatee!
MarkS View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarkS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2003 at 3:09pm
I found her ultra long hair unkempt and damaged so it was good she decided to chop it off it looks much better
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2003 at 8:30pm
Who is this Alanis?

I'm aware of a singer named Alanis Morissette but she doesn't look anything like the woman in the photos...
ssjockey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssjockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2003 at 10:50pm
Originally posted by DaveDecker DaveDecker wrote:

Who is this Alanis?

I'm aware of a singer named Alanis Morissette but she doesn't look anything like the woman in the photos...

I believe that she is this Canadian girl that was on an old Nickelodeon show called "You Can't Do That on Television" She was 14 or so, and her hair was shorter then than it is now.
Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2003 at 7:40am
I had a friend I knew that had this same haircut before Alanis did and it did the same for her as it did for Alanis make her look older then they really are.The last time I saw my old friend her hair was middle of her back and didn't look old anymore.I hope Alanis sees this and also figures it's time to grow it back out a bit longer.
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2003 at 8:43pm
Originally posted by ssjockey ssjockey wrote:

Originally posted by DaveDecker DaveDecker wrote:

Who is this Alanis?

I believe that she is this Canadian girl that was on an old Nickelodeon show called "You Can't Do That on Television" She was 14 or so, and her hair was shorter then than it is now.

Thank you very much for the helpful information, ssjockey! So this Alanis has grown her hair quite a bit, then, compared to when she was a kid on the Nickelodeon TV show! Terrific.
HunnyBunny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HunnyBunny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2003 at 6:26pm
I never knew her hair was that short but I think it looks nice, better than the first pic, her hair is way 2 long there
Last Cut: Thurs. Dec 17 2003
Length: 12 1/2 inches
Goal: Mid-Back (24 inches)
Next Planned Trim: Dec 17 2006
natasha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote natasha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2003 at 5:44pm
A couple new photos:

http://www.dailyceleb.com/production/?view=event&eid=1607&cap=alanis+morissette

IMO the (relatively) short hair doesn't look bad at all.
Native View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Native Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2003 at 7:31pm
Very cute. Get's a thumbs from me.

Part of me thinks it would be interesting to see if she goes even shorter, but the rest of me thinks that she should quit while she's a ahead.

Although buzzcut Alanis would be.....interesting.
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2003 at 6:36am
Wow... It even looks stylish.. thats go to be a first for her!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic