Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Maura Tierney

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Gord View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Maura Tierney
    Posted: February 05 2004 at 11:42pm
Did anyone watch ER Thursday night? In the previews, it looked like Maura Tierney had long bangs. I haven't watched the show for awhile, so I'm not sure if she had bangs before last nght's show, but I do love the longer hair she's sporting.
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2004 at 6:58am
I have to disagree with you big time on this one...her hair is flat, boaring and lifeless! Looks like its just hanging around waiting for someing good to happen to it.
earthtones View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote earthtones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2004 at 8:37am
Hal, I totally agree. I usually like long hair but Maura's long hair always looks terrible. She is someone who would benefit from a shorter haircut.
21/37.5/42 2C c iii
Golden brown, thick, wavy hair

It's not having what you want, it's wanting what you've got. ~sheryl crow~
haman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2004 at 12:14pm
Her hair is really light now...

do a search on wireimage or gettyimages to see the new look
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2004 at 2:23pm
natasha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote natasha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2004 at 9:34pm
Here's a photo:

More ...
Grace912 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grace912 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2004 at 10:24pm
Call me crazy, but I think that she looks really cute! Then again, I just love Maura no matter what. But I am particularly liking her hair right now.
Monica: Isn't there any way that you could look at this as flattering? I mean, she's doing this to be more like you.
Rachel: Well, then, couldn't she have just copied my haircut?
rardman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rardman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2004 at 11:07am
I agree she looks better now, with longer hair, when its done. I don't think her role on the show accomodates her looking to primped(she is playing a doctor...), but any pics I've seen of her off screen, I like.
I do like her better darker though.
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2005 at 9:47pm

Well, I'm watching ER now and while her bangs have grown out, the rest of her hair is 4-5 inches shorter, dang it. Looks a tad haggard, although she works in an emergency room and I guess that's the look they want. Still, she looked great with midback-length hair and beyond.

This photo's a year old, but she looked her best: http://editorial.gettyimages.com/source/search/details_pop.a spx?iid=51203208&cdi=0

Curlyfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlyfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2005 at 11:39am
I think Maura has looked best with just-above-the-shoulder cuts. She
had a great one the first season of NewsRadio (which, along with
Courteney Cox, Jennifer Aniston, Lisa Kudrow, Christa Miller, Helen
Hunt, Debra Messing, and many others, confirms my theory that TV
actresses' hair looks best in the first season of their shows, when the
show stylists have the most control over it, and the actresses
themselves have the least control). Maura also went short a season
or two ago on ER, which looked cute.

Her long hair might look good if she actually styled it, but as it always
seems to either hang flat or be put up in a ratty bun, I think she's
much cuter with a shorter 'do.
Your hair is your best accessory; wear it with STYLE!
Curlyfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlyfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2010 at 8:39am
Saw Maura last night in a promo for the new ABC series The Whole Truth wearing a pixie.

Big change for her obviously. I wonder if it's related to her treatment for breast cancer, if she lost her hair during chemo and either kept it very short or it just hasn't grown out that much yet.

It's really striking how different it is, and probably not what I would have chosen for her, but it's growing on me.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/showtracker/2010/08/tca-press-tour-maura-tierney-winds-up-in-role-written-for-her.html

http://abc.go.com/shows/the-whole-truth/buzz/444882
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2010 at 10:22pm
Did not even recognize her.
HAWG
les237 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote les237 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2010 at 11:30pm
Is it a wig?
ssjockey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssjockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2010 at 1:43am
Originally posted by les237 les237 wrote:

Is it a wig?

Doubt it is a wig.  She recently was diagnosed with Cancer, so it is probably her hair, growing back in.  I'm sure it will be long again in a year or so...
JerkyFlea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JerkyFlea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2010 at 1:36pm
Growing back post-chemo.  She actually appeared in a play earlier this year in LA called "North Atlantic" and appeared bald before her hair started to regrow.
3 pm is simultaneously too late and too early to start anything.
shortvslong View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shortvslong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2010 at 9:27am
I think she looks beautiful in all her different styles and I'm sure she'll return to a bob or longer
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2016 at 10:10pm
After years of fighting cancer, Maura Tierney has her career back and much of her hair...

maura-tierney-21st-annual-critics-choice-awards-barker-hangar-in-santa-monica-011715.jpg
Who has more fun than people?
Curlyfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlyfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2016 at 9:35am
Looks great and I'm glad she's healthy, I've enjoyed watching her since NewsRadio. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic