Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Alanis got another haircut

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
comander_star View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote comander_star Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2004 at 3:28pm
pixie lady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pixie lady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2004 at 6:49pm
Well she looks a little better with her new hairstyle combed that way, at least she doesn't look dowdy, but she should either go short with a pixie or grow it shoulder length again.
Rod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2004 at 7:49pm
There were times when her long hair looked great and other times when it looked grungy and ratty. She liked that Bohemian look. Just because it's not for me doesn't mean it isn't stylish.

I applaud her for going short if she felt she just needed a change. She had it long since she hit the rock scene. Hasn't it been about 10 years? Everyone needs a change now and then. What's worse is that people loved her hair long. No woman should be a slave to others.

First thought on seeing new pictures: It looks nice. Not great, but nice.

Second thought: She looks like Frances McDormand, who is 46. That can't be good. Maybe a young Frances McDormand.
ssjockey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssjockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2004 at 8:46pm
Originally posted by Gord Gord wrote:

Alanis? Alanis who?

Denial, definately denial!
enfys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote enfys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2004 at 10:07am
She looks a lot older now, which can only be bad. I don't get why she had such long hair all this time, then suddenly decides to lose the lot. I think she wants a quick fix from the first cut, but cutting more isn't helping. She used to look wild and free spirited. Now she looks like one of my geography teachers. Very Very VERY bad indeed
http://www.myspace.com/waltzin_with_the_open_sea
Ah-ha, a place I can soon add hair pics...once I do some
Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2004 at 10:34am
Maybe wanted that look when she was TV. When she was young but it didn't work out that way. She could have had dead ends? Lost most of it then maybe go long again? If not we all better get use to this look. I agree it dose make her look old.
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.
whitney_brett View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitney_brett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2004 at 10:59pm
I can't decide whether I can tolerate it or not.
"Honey, I've always said if your genitals are on the outside, you're hiding something on the inside!" ~ Karen Walker ...~*Whitney*~...
haman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2004 at 10:14am
I actually like it..it's a cute change. I'm sure she'll grow it back...I wonder if she'll finally add some colour?
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2004 at 1:29am
It's a really middle-aged style :-P . Maybe she's trying to mature? *shrugs* It's fine for a mother, but for the music biz I'd think something more youthful would be better.
More awesome than a manatee!
Brent E from San Francisco View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brent E from San Francisco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2004 at 7:27pm
Alanis looks very good in her new short hairdo when she combs it back a little.
Nice to see an attractive lady like her go so short with her hair. She would look great with it even a little shorter.
She's a gifted and beautiful lady!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic