Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Alanis

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NowShortChristine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NowShortChristine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Alanis
    Posted: February 10 2004 at 8:38pm
Isn't it ironic - now her crap hairstyle matches her crap music.

As one brilliant Irish comic once said about the statements in that stupid song 'Ironic' - "it's not ironic, it's just unfortunate.

Listen to the words, he's dead right.
Chris
Jumpy View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jumpy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2004 at 8:57pm
Yeah.
blonde mistress View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blonde mistress Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2004 at 7:06am
Alanis is brilliant.
She didn't get so popular for no reason, the lady has talent.
Unlike this obscure Irish critic of hers.
JerkyFlea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JerkyFlea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2004 at 8:29am
Two things...

1) This cut isn't flattering in the "bowl" style, but is a little better swept back. I am really confused as to why she just keeps cutting at this point, since I thought the last couple were OK, but not great. If anything I expected her to grow it out a little.

Then again, this is further evidence of my theory that many times when women who have had long hair for a long time finally cut it, they break some sort of mental dam and open the floodgates to try every style they've thought about and never done. They may eventually grow it back out, but may go pretty short before they exhaust their curiosity.

So, don't be surprised to see Alanis go even shorter, if for no other reason than she hasn't had it really short since she was a kid and may just be curious as to what it would look like.

2) I like Alanis' music, but "Ironic" isn't really ironic as much as it is "a series of coincidental bummers", as one critic said. The best line I heard was "Isn't it ironic that she doesn't know what 'ironic' means?"

JF
3 pm is simultaneously too late and too early to start anything.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blonde mistress Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2004 at 9:46pm
I'm sure Alanis knows what Ironic means.
She probably just needed to fill some words into the song.
Generally she writes pretty good lyrics. And her music and singing is much better than average, at times great!
Vineman_ View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vineman_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2004 at 6:16pm
Hey, I think this is taking it a bit far. I hate Alanis' mop-a-top haircut, but for a start, the song Ironic was a very good song, if you were dwelling on the individual lines rather than the song as the whole, then you were missing the point.

I think she's free to do what she damn well please. Sure celebrities have it better than us without the public jumping on them like this, but that's no excuse, if people acted like that NOBODY would like it better.

I do find it annoying however that there are so few long hair celebrities, so maybe it's not a case of expirmentation but a case of giving into fashion, or at least her conception of it, in which case I do not approve.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blonde mistress Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2004 at 10:11pm
Good point Vineman about the song Ironic.
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2004 at 12:18am
So few long-haired celebs? Where is this land and how do I get there? Because, unfortunately, in the world I'm stuck living in, the majority of female celebs have long hair most of the time :-( . No fair!
More awesome than a manatee!
Vineman_ View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vineman_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2004 at 5:47am
By long hair I mean very long hair, most (female) celebs average out at 4 or 5 inches below shoulders.
There are certainly more with very short hair/pixie cuts than waist length these days.
Gord View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2004 at 7:53am
Originally posted by Kuroneko Kuroneko wrote:

So few long-haired celebs? Where is this land and how do I get there? Because, unfortunately, in the world I'm stuck living in, the majority of female celebs have long hair most of the time :-( . No fair!
I know we all have our own tastes, but why is that "unfortunate?" Where do you live? Give me some examples of the majority.
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2004 at 1:09am
Four or five inches below the shoulders _is_ very long. I would beat myself if I ever got that lazy :-P . But that's a personal matter.
More awesome than a manatee!
Jumpy View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jumpy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2004 at 1:32am
I think Howard Dean is the best candidate for exhuming the graves of ex politicians in Morocco.
hairalways View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairalways Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2004 at 4:57am
I beg to differ....I think he would screw it up.

Alanis is in this months Glamour with her 3rd hair haircut and the pic looks good.

Jacqui

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blonde mistress Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2004 at 7:41am
Thanks for the tip about Alanis, I'll have to check it out.
Vineman_ View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vineman_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2004 at 1:25pm
As Gord said, it's a personal thing, but going by actual averages of what I've seen, 4 inches below shoulders IS medium length, and around the most common. Actually I'm probably exaggerating, probably less.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic