Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nicole Kidman's mystery haircut

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Carmichael View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carmichael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nicole Kidman's mystery haircut
    Posted: December 02 2004 at 12:40pm
(If you haven't don't bother) but If you've seen the movie Birth starrling Nicole Kidman you might be confused at how natural her short hair looks on the big screen. (not wig like at all) I was convinced that her look was not a wig despite what was posted here. Sure enough, a little research and I found this link: http://filmforce.ign.com/articles/561/561920p1.html where she talks about the directors decision and hers to cut her famous locks short.

Here's the rub, I haven't done the actual math but I feel that if she trully did cut her own hair into a short crop for that movie, she must have resorted to extensions or a hairpiece for the paparazi while growing it back long or this lady some of the fastest growing hair in Hollywood. Alas, who really knows but her hairdresser?

...But it does appear that she fooled everyone here who immediately assumed it was a wig. It looks like we were wrong or that this actress is still getting the best of us by misrepresenting the facts in that interview! If so, why?

IfOnly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IfOnly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2004 at 2:57pm
I just don't know about that. If you search her on wireimage look at page 88. It has her on location shooting "Birth" on March 5 at the bottom of the page, the rest of the page is March 9 and she has the almost shoulder length blonde curls. On page 92 (heres a link):

http://www.wireimage.com/GalleryListing.asp?navtyp=SRH&str=NICOLE+KIDMAN&styp=&sfld=C&nbc1=1&sortval=4d&PageNum=92

She is on set again, earlier in the year on February 21 while on the same page on February 23 she has long hair in an updo for some award show. It all adds up to a wig for "Birth" to me and almost shoulder length hair as fine as hers is would be nothing to put under a convincing short wig.

Who knows, perhaps they were speaking metaphorically in the interview. It is the first film appearance she's had that I know of with hair that short. It's a shame though, amidst all the pale blond weird curls she's worn lately the short, darker hair is the real standout to me. It would have been nice if she actually had cut her hair for the role. She just looks so severre anymore with the pale glam locks and uber-plucked brows she's seen in anymore.
themakeupgallery View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote themakeupgallery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2004 at 7:23pm
I thought it looked like a wig and the quote was "asked how I'd feel about having short hair" which could be read as how you feel about a short wig just as well as about actual cuttinhg.

Anyway since when did we start beleiving the stuff they churn out in press releases and publicity interviews - I mean sure they do all their own stunts etc etc
Brent E from San Francisco View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brent E from San Francisco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2004 at 7:45pm
Wow, does she ever look sensational in a short pixie! Terrific! I hope she really did cut it!
She could even go a little shorter with the pixie and look great. She is a very attractive woman.
Rod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2004 at 10:07pm
If it's not a wig, then she must have been wearing wigs and hairpieces almost immediately. They went back and did reshoots a year later, so she would have had to repeat that process. In the interview, she doesn't say she cut it, the author does. They may want the public to believe she cut it for the magic of the movie, even isf she didn't.
scheherazade View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scheherazade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2004 at 8:57pm
i remember seeing pics of her in tabloids last year when that was filming.. there was a pic of her with the short hair and the mag said "don't worry, it's just a wig".. given that at the same time she was in about 3 photos in every week's magazine, (eg, with lenny kravitz or at social functions or whatever) all of which she had long hair in.. it is pretty likely it was a wig.

however.. it would be pretty hard to hide all that hair under such a small wig, wouldn't it??? maybe the short hair was actually her real hair but to avoid freaking people out, or for vanity reasons or whatever, she took to wearing a wig outside of filming.. ??

her hair has been looking pretty weird lately.. the platinum makes her look really old. i actually liked when she had dark short hair in stepford wives..
AggiePam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AggiePam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2004 at 6:46pm
She was on ET last night with shoulder length hair. It was in big, loose curls, so it was hard to tell. But it looked a little shorter than shoulders. ??
namdik View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote namdik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2004 at 5:59pm
spud View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2005 at 9:04pm
Talking about real hair/wigs. I was watching Cher on TV the other day and got to wondering what her REAL hair is like. does she even know LOL
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2005 at 3:09pm
I don't see how Nicole could have possibly covered all that hair under this sparse pixie. It was definitely cut. Unlike most celebrities who lop their hair, I think she looks amazing with this style. Of course, she apparently disagrees; thus, she's grown it again. But still, I don't think this style loses her any beauty points. Bob
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 29 2005 at 1:24am
When I saw her talk about it on one of those entertainment shows, she said her real hair was cut to about chin-length, and the wig was worn over that. *shrugs* I'd heard from people with hair much longer than her normal style that if you pin it up right, you can fit a wig over it easily with no noticable lumps. But those were cosplayers, not film actresses, so I'd assume any imperfections could be seen on the big screen, where they might not show up IRL.
More awesome than a manatee!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic