Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Alanis

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2005 at 5:00pm
Originally posted by arch94 arch94 wrote:

Whoa....looks like the long hair nuts are out in force this morning....

She looks great either way. Of course, I like it short, but I thought she was pretty before too.

My two cents.

You are a real piece of work, arch. "the long hair nuts." By similar measure, you may just as well have described yourself (and everybody else here who prefers short hair) as "short hair nuts being out in force" after two consecutive posts favoring short hair. I don't think your attitude is going to win you many friends among people with either preference.
Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2005 at 8:48pm
Add one more long hair nut to the list. I liked it before. I have posted that she looked old with that short hair cut. I have also said that some people can wear short hair and pull it off.
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.
arch94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arch94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2005 at 10:25pm
Not out to make friends...

But i'm not alone in feeling that us "short hair nuts"(proud of it btw) are looked down upon because society says women w/ long hair is the norm....

Any fellow "SH nut" care to 2nd that opinion? How about it, Hal?

My two cents.
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2005 at 12:07am
SHN and proud of it :-) . My new sig, maybe? I just hate being made to feel like an aberration for digging the short-haired chicks. Are people who dig long-haired guys treated that way, or is it a double standard? *wonders*
The ongoing war over hair lengths isn't fun when I have to argue it with friends, and it's even less fun to argue it with strangers, since friends will at least try to refrain from nastiness and cheap shots. . . usually :-P . Online, where it's easy to see just a bunch of words on a screen rather than the person who's typing, it's much more brutal, unfortunately.

But i'm not alone in feeling that us "short hair nuts"(proud of it btw) are looked down upon because society says women w/ long hair is the norm....

My two cents.
More awesome than a manatee!
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2005 at 11:40am

My two cents.

You favor extremely short hair, so from your perspective, most women have hair that is "long" by your standards.

My own hair has grown to 5 feet in length, so from my perspective, most women don't have hair that is particularly long.

However, I respect the feelings of those here (and anywhere) who prefer short hair to long. Unlike you, I don't run around slamming those who post that they prefer styles not suited to my tastes. Call yourself a "nut", and wear that label proudly -- if that is your wish. Just don't expect everybody (or anybody else here, no matter their preference) to gladly seek to be so labeled.
eKatherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eKatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2005 at 4:48am
Originally posted by Tall girl Tall girl wrote:

She has never had great hair of any length.

Definitely true.

Just looking for a few good hair slaves - is that too much to ask?
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2005 at 8:21am
Someone mentioned again that "long hair dragging down a long face" stuff...ya know, I remember just 20 years ago when all the salon experts were saying "If she has a long face, she HAS to have long hair". I remember hearing that on a talk show (some Oprah type show where they were interviewing stylists), and reading it in magazines. Now everyone says long faces HAVE to have short hair to avoid dragging. This is ridiculous! It's not even the same rules with the face shape thing!

Short hair on a long face does make it appear shorter, I've seen that on myself. But this doesn't necessarily add to beauty. A long face with long hair (looking longer) can be exotic and beautiful. It's a cliche', but beauty really is in the eye of the beholder. Some people find oval faces more attractive, but I do not believe there is any "proof" that this is universally true....look at the cast of the sci fi show Stargate SG1. Every single member has a square face and a short nose - the person who hired them's opinion of beauty.

I have to say that when Alanis played God in Dogma, she really did look like an exotic beauty, which long hair enhanced by making her face look longer and even more exotic (just my opinion). If you didn't find her beautiful there, well, what's the problem? Everyone's attracted to something different, and if we weren't we'd all be fighting for the same mates (so thank god we aren't!). My point is just that the whole face shape thing gets blown way out of proportion (again, just my opinion).
Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic