Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Alanis....EXTENSIONS!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ssjockey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssjockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Alanis....EXTENSIONS!
    Posted: February 24 2005 at 9:12am
In news that will come as relief to all long hair lovers, and despair to all short hair lovers, it seems that Alanis Morrisette has hair extensions. Her hair appears to be BSL. I never figured her to be the hair extension type.
Look on Wireimage for picks.

http://www.wireimage.com/GalleryListing.asp?navtyp=SRH&logsrch=1&sfld=C&nbc1=1
Kramer View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2005 at 10:00am
LMAO.

That's no relief to me, that's a joke.
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2005 at 12:10pm
Looked uncomfortable with short hair...like she didn't really know how to style it, or what to do with it. No surprise that she quickly reverted to long hair again.
natasha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote natasha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2005 at 1:47pm
What a sick joke.
rardman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rardman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2005 at 2:29pm
A marked improvement. Way better imo.
ssjockey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssjockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2005 at 2:40pm
Originally posted by natasha natasha wrote:

What a sick joke.

What is a sick joke?
Brent E from San Francisco View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brent E from San Francisco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2005 at 2:43pm
Alanis looked adorable in short hair.
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2005 at 3:36pm
Hopfully, this is a sign that she is growing her real hair longer. I am one fan who really misses it, and I'll bet there are plenty of others. With long hair, I thought she was the most beautiful celebrity on earth. Bob
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2005 at 3:50pm
In your opinion Bob...which plays a part in a womans beauty: Hair or face?
Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2005 at 9:36pm
Better. Just wished it was hers.
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2005 at 3:21pm
Great question, Hal! Absolutely, a woman's hair, perfectly suited to her individuality, has the most to do with my perception of her beauty. In most cases (80% or so), I think long or VERY long styles, most become women.
But yes, Alanis with a short cut is "adorable", as mentioned, but I'd never give her a second thought. When she was long, there was no competition! Her voice, her guitar playing, hair thrashing and face were all part of the total package, in my eyes. Her face alone surely does not make her a candidate for most gorgeous woman on the planet, but her overall look did. Bob
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brent E from San Francisco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2005 at 7:16pm
Wrong Bob S. It is a woman's face and features that makes her look pretty.
There are some very homely women with beautiful hair.
A pretty lady will look good in any length of hair.

As for Alanis, she looked very nice in short hair.
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2005 at 10:48pm
I have a feeling, Brent, that I find far more women to be beautiful than you. I think Alanis is already VERY pretty, but with her long hair she was mesmerizing. I'm not "wrong"; it's just an opinion. And, to *my* brain, long tresses usually adds to a woman's elegance and feminity. Nothing to start a war over! (lol) Bob
P.S. I still love Alanis' music, even when she sings it with short hair.
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2005 at 6:56am
I think the REAL gord has stood up!
Kramer View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2005 at 8:11am
Nope, Hal. The real Gord disowned Alanis -- and her music -- when she cut her hair. Remember when he called her a longhair icon and threatened not to contribute to this board again, only to be talked into it by others. Gord would not accept shorthaired Alanis. That would be a major difference between him and Bob, who still finds her attractive.
ssjockey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssjockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2005 at 9:46am
Originally posted by Kramer Kramer wrote:

Nope, Hal. The real Gord disowned Alanis -- and her music -- when she cut her hair. Remember when he called her a longhair icon and threatened not to contribute to this board again, only to be talked into it by others. Gord would not accept shorthaired Alanis. That would be a major difference between him and Bob, who still finds her attractive.

Right you are Kramer, maybe Alanis is the reason why Gord doesn't come to visit us anymore!
Kramer View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2005 at 12:35am
Or does he?
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2005 at 3:09pm
I've been smoked out! Yes, I'm Gord!(lol) Actually, the real Gord chastised me for preferring Alanis with short hair in comparison to her short-lived layered, medium length hacks. A pre-schooler could have done better, I thought.
Despite this rebuke, I miss him around here too. Bob
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brent E from San Francisco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2005 at 7:38pm
Bob S,
I have no idea if you find more women attractive than I do, or visa versa.
I do know this, I am attracted to any woman, with long or short hair, if she has a pretty face and a nice shape. (a good personality also helps of course).
My preference for short hair on women is just that, a preference. It doesn't mean that I don't find long haired women attractive. (Although I must admit, in my opinion just about any woman with long hair who is pretty, will be just as attractive, if not more so, with a short hairstyle).
Vinegirl View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vinegirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2005 at 11:38am
You know, I have no problem with girls cutting their off if they really want to try short hair, and they look good in it... but Alanis was only doing it because she was insecure in her feminity, as she said. She was doing it to prove something to herself... which can be incredibley sexy for the spur of the moment in some movie, butshe looked really horrible.

Her face is completely the wrong shape for short hair, I wish you short hair lovers could see that.
You need a good, bright face for it, she had a longer face, which suits longer hair.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic