Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Frozen curls

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Laura View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Laura Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Frozen curls
    Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:05pm
Well, once I was trying to impress a new boyfriend...this was 15 years ago. I had bra-strap length hair that was curly with short front and sides (the quintessential 80's style). I had left the house with the back wet (my usual routine) and it was quite cold outside. We were having our picture taken by a friend, when the to-be-impressed boy started laughing because he had touched my very hard-frozen hair. Now that's something in Mississippi!
Sarah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sarah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:05pm
Great story. Made me laugh.I guess I should post mine.I decided to try castor oil on my hair as a good conditioner. I did not realize that it is almost impossible to wash out. The next day at school my hair looked horrible. I had shampooed it 3x and still there was castor oil in my hair. My friends were all telling me that something smelled really strange. It was my hair.I learned a hard lesson on that one.S> Well, once I was trying to impress a new> boyfriend...this was 15 years ago. I had bra-strap> length hair that was curly with short front and sides> (the quintessential 80's style). I had left the house> with the back wet (my usual routine) and it was quite> cold outside. We were having our picture taken by a> friend, when the to-be-impressed boy started laughing> because he had touched my very hard-frozen hair. Now> that's something in Mississippi!
Sarah Brooke
Victor View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Victor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:05pm
> I decided to try castor oil on my hair as a good> conditioner. I did not realize that it is almost> impossible to wash out. The next day at school my hair> looked horrible. I had shampooed it 3x and still there> was castor oil in my hair. My friends were all telling> me that something smelled really strange. It was my> hair.> I learned a hard lesson on that one.> SThe next time you or someone else gets oil of some kind or grease or petroleum jelly in your hair, try peanutbutter. It will take out the grease, and shampoo will take out the peanutbutter.I was trying to think of a blooper for myself. I can't really think of a blooper, but here's something I could mention. If I don't pay attention, I sometimes close the car door on my hair, particularly if it's a windy day. I'll be driving down the road, not knowing a few inches are sticking out the door when I lean over to reach something in the car. Ouch!Related Link:The Men's Long Hair Site
heather View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:06pm
Talk about frozen curls! I one time ran out the door with my hair dripping in the middle of winter. By the time I ran to my car my hair had officialy frozen to my shirt! When I fianally got to where I was going and it had a while to un-freeze, it was dripping once again!
Heather
Laurie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Laurie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:06pm
> You make me laugh. Speaking of the eighties hair style, how would you go about telling one of your co-workers that there hair is out of style? Or would you tell them?One of my co-workers has this haircut that I had back in ninth grade. She thinks it's in. NOT!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic