Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Mom's Story

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Holly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Holly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mom's Story
    Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:05pm
This story happenned to my Mother in the 1970's (early 70's, I think) and it was still rememberedin the late 80's by at least one hairdresser in the shop she went to back when this first ocurred:My mom was tring a home haircoloring product(don't know the brand) by the shade name of Tahitian Red or else Copper Penney. Well, you get the point. She washed it in and when it was all done her hair was very deep crayola colored red. She COULD NOT go out looking like this..so she called up the salon who told her just to keep washing it out, and that it would eventually fade out. Well, she did that but it just wasn't working-it was here to stay! So, she took matters in her own hands, and started washing her hair withcomet-well, it worked, and the water was running pure red as she washed! When she did this several times (yes, several!)her hair turned out the most beautiful Champagne Blonde you ever saw-people all over town were complimenting her color and just marveling, and my Dad was crazy over it as well. She told them what she had to do at the salon and they said it was a WONDER her hair didn't fall out! I was too young to remeber it myself, but I've heard the story told so much that it was like I was there! Hope you all enjoyed it. :))
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic