Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Tight Curl Perm

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
bill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tight Curl Perm
    Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:06pm
Back in the late 70s I did what a lot of guys and gals did and got myself a tight curly perm to get that "groovy 'fro" look. On this one ocassion, I wanted the curl to be super tight so my stylist rolled my hair on pipe cleaners, tons of them, all over my head to make it as tight of curl as possible. The result was just what I wanted, an honest to goodness kinky tight 'fro. I had hair that wouldn't move in a stiff breeze. Not bad for a guy with bone straight hair naturally. I enjoyed my 'fro for about a month when I finally figured out that as it was growing out, the hair my scalp was bone straight, and limp. The permed hair was dry and brittle. After 6 weeks, I had bone straight hair about a half an inch long at the scalp with kinky frizz hanging off the end of that. It looked bizarre. So I booked an appointment with my stylist for her to "fix" it. What happened was she had to cut off the perm to make it look right again. She cut a little, shook her head, cut a little more, still shaking her head. She told me the only thing she could do was cut it all off, then out came the clippers. She ended up having to give me a crewcut to get rid of the frizz. It took three months to grow out to a respectable length. Needless to say, that was my last curly perm.
jj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:06pm
> Back in the late 70s I did what a lot of guys and gals> did and got myself a tight curly perm to get that> "groovy 'fro" look. On this one ocassion, I> wanted the curl to be super tight so my stylist rolled> my hair on pipe cleaners, tons of them, all over my> head to make it as tight of curl as possible. The> result was just what I wanted, an honest to goodness> kinky tight 'fro. I had hair that wouldn't move in a> stiff breeze. Not bad for a guy with bone straight> hair naturally. I enjoyed my 'fro for about a month> when I finally figured out that as it was growing out,> the hair my scalp was bone straight, and limp. The> permed hair was dry and brittle. After 6 weeks, I had> bone straight hair about a half an inch long at the> scalp with kinky frizz hanging off the end of that. It> looked bizarre. So I booked an appointment with my> stylist for her to "fix" it. What happened> was she had to cut off the perm to make it look right> again. She cut a little, shook her head, cut a little> more, still shaking her head. She told me the only> thing she could do was cut it all off, then out came> the clippers. She ended up having to give me a crewcut> to get rid of the frizz. It took three months to grow> out to a respectable length. Needless to say, that was> my last curly perm.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic