Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Why I quit smoking

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
tamara View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tamara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Why I quit smoking
    Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:06pm
I gone to a friends party after I had just had my hair permed. My hair was all one length and down to the middle of my back. I was so excited because I finally had the hairstyle I had alway wanted, so I was sort of tossing and playing with my hair......Well, after a little conversation with the people there I decited to have a cigarett. I got out my pack and relized the lighter was missing. Scrounging around in my purse for about three minnets trying to find my lighter I finnally gave up and asked this guy next to me for a light. Unbenoinced to me, this guy had a thing for fire. Leening over to him to light my cigarett, part of my hair in my hand the other hanging aroud my face. Trusting as I was, thinking nothing of it, he held the lighter up to me there was huge flame that came out of the lighter, the cigarett started to smoke and so did I.( accually it was more like schrivell, schrivell, crack, crack, smoke smoke. ) Any how you get the picture.I diden't relizse what was happening untill I looked at the guys face and my friend behind him. Oh yah, did I mention it also dawned on me that something was wrong when I started to get smaked in the head by her, this guy, and anyone else in smaking distanse.All in all it wasen't that bad. If you don't concider haveing all of your hair from the front to about the middle of your head only one forth of an inch long bad.Several years have past sence that party and I have quit smoking, and I keep my hair a little less flowwing ,a little less blowing and a whole lot less on fire.
jj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:06pm
about 7 years ago i was walking on a windy day when i decided to have a cigarette. i couldn't find my lighter so i took out my backup matches. i lit a match, whoosh, the wind blew it out. i lit another, whoosh the wind blew it out. oh no - only one match left, so i turned my back to the wind and cupped both hands around the match to protect it from the wind, letting my longer than bra length hair loose. a big gust of wind blew in, and i was so proud of having been able to light my cig, when i realized something was wrong. a good portion of my front hair had been swept into my face and set ablaze by the well protected match!!! i managed to put it out with my hand, but unfortunately the hairs i saved were only about 2 inches long and i had to have them trimmed to remove the knobby burnt ends. additionally, i lost half my left eyebrow and half of the eyelashes from my left eye. quite a sight!!
tamara View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tamara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:07pm
I just wanted to tell you thanks for the story about your hair. I've been haveing a bad day, and it made my day. I called my friend that was at the party and we had a good laugh. I now can tell people that know about the party meltdown, that i'm not the only one with cooked hair. Thanks again for the story and I hope everything grew back alright. ;-)> about 7 years ago i was walking on a windy day when i> decided to have a cigarette. i couldn't find my> lighter so i took out my backup matches. i lit a> match, whoosh, the wind blew it out. i lit another,> whoosh the wind blew it out. oh no - only one match> left, so i turned my back to the wind and cupped both> hands around the match to protect it from the wind,> letting my longer than bra length hair loose. a big> gust of wind blew in, and i was so proud of having> been able to light my cig, when i realized something> was wrong. a good portion of my front hair had been> swept into my face and set ablaze by the well> protected match!!! i managed to put it out with my> hand, but unfortunately the hairs i saved were only> about 2 inches long and i had to have them trimmed to> remove the knobby burnt ends. additionally, i lost> half my left eyebrow and half of the eyelashes from my> left eye. quite a sight!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic