Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

My hair has a touch of green now!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Anette View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My hair has a touch of green now!
    Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:06pm
My natural hair color is med. brown. I've been a blonde for 20 years. Just the other day I decided I wanted to go back to my natural hair color. It's very dark and has a touch of green to it. I bought a over the counter hair color. What do I do now. I really didn't have the money to go to a salon.
wetset View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wetset Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:07pm
I had the same problem a week ago. Your hair has picked up the base color of ash and has not let in the warm colors. Email me so I can ask you some more ??.Love to help.Wetset wetset30@aol.com
me View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:08pm
> My natural hair color is med. brown. I've been a> blonde for 20 years. Just the other day I decided I> wanted to go back to my natural hair color. It's very> dark and has a touch of green to it. I bought a over> the counter hair color. What do I do now. I really> didn't have the money to go to a salon.if i were you , i would give my hair highlites and try to cover it up. Kool-aid is the best highlighter i've ever seen.A cranberry might suit your color of hair. since, I have been a pro beautician for many years, i know what i'm doing. trust me on this one. if it doesn't work, or not right color, post another message and i'll tell you some great solutions.
Adrieanna View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adrieanna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2001 at 12:46am
Reply to message: 7.109.1
I have the same problem as Annette, I was blonde and tried to go to my natural Light Brown color with a permanent dye and now my hair has slight tint`s of green to it. I would like to go to an Auburn (due to the fact that my natural brown color has no life to it) but am scared to do anything to my hair for fear that it will make it worse. I too don`t have the money to fork over for a professional salon and I work in a stodgy corporate environment and am in fear of walking into work on Monday. Please if you have any suggestions e-mail me back.
minta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2001 at 10:50pm
Reply to message: 7.827.1
I have been a Hairdresser 20 years. Your best bet was to use the auburn first. Blonde hair has missing pigments of color and red is one of them. So when you went straight to brown you must have picked up a color that had an ash base to it which is used to cut out the red. But like I said you are missing the red in your hair so you needed and need to put in a color with some red in it to cancel out the green. Also another hint if you decide to go back to blonde see a prfessional hairdresser for a free consultation. You could do some major damage if you try it yourself.
Hairdresser
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic