Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Am I in the right bathroom?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Erin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Erin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Am I in the right bathroom?
    Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:09pm
While Titanic was in the theatures my friend and I both went to see it 3 times together. The 3rd time we both cried so hard my friends nose blead. So we had to go to the ladiesroom. While my friend was fixing her problem, an elderly lady walked in and took one look at me and my short boy-like haircut and said "Am I in the right washroom?" She thought I was a boy! I was so embarassed and insulted! I was wearing normal relaxed female clothing! I think that lady should get her eyes checked!
dc View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:09pm
I knew a lady in college that when showing her pictures of herself and her friends to a guy she knew, he pointed to her with her short haircut and asked that question.When I met her she had long hair. I don't think she'll ever have short hair again.It happens.
Maria View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:09pm
Um, yes, that sounds familiar. I wore my hair short for a couple of years, and I can count on my fingers the times I was not adressed to as "boy" by elderly ladies. Even wearing skirts (short!) didn't help. My usual reply was "how long does my braid have to be to have my gender recognized?"
Anna View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:14pm
> While Titanic was in the theatures my friend and I> both went to see it 3 times together. The 3rd time we> both cried so hard my friends nose blead. So we had to> go to the ladiesroom. While my friend was fixing her> problem, an elderly lady walked in and took one look> at me and my short boy-like haircut and said "Am> I in the right washroom?" She thought I was a> boy! I was so embarassed and insulted! I was wearing> normal relaxed female clothing! I think that lady> should get her eyes checked!Maybe her cataracts were obstructing her eyesight!lol
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic