Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Help! Highlighting Horror

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
bes22 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bes22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help! Highlighting Horror
    Posted: February 27 2000 at 9:16am
I decided to let my natural hair grow in after the side of my head was shaved when I had a brain tumor removed three months ago. The color was coming in black and silver.My hair dresser suggested that she do a "weave" which would leave me with silver or white streaks throughout my black hair to even the look of the new growth.(this weave was done with pieces of foil which held strands of hair) She did not tell me that this process might not work the first time and I would need to have this process done several times until she was almost done doing the process. The white or silver streaks were blonde when she was done and my dark hair was a faded dark brown. I returned a week later for her to fix it and she put black in and the yellow streaks now have red hightlights.In addition she went down to my hairline so I no longer have the growth showing which I wanted in the first place because I was letting the natural color come in!The side of my head was not touched becasue I am letting it grow in and also because it is the color that I want.Right now the side of my head is one color and the rest does not match it. What recourse do I have with the salon.I was charged the first time for this process and when I went back they charged me again for addding the black. The amount was less the second time. I am so upset I want to cut off all of hair and get a wig. I would appreciate any suggestion on 1. how to remedy this hair horror and 2. how to approach the owner of the salon about this situation.I am new to this posting and don't know how to access the reply on the board so I would appreciate a reply to my email. Thanks!
Barbara
dmast50409 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmast50409 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2000 at 11:53pm

Dear Bes22,

As a licensed hairdresser, I cannot explain why your hairdresser went that route. I guess I would have just used a permanent color of your natural level, with a neutral base and completely went over all of your hair. It would have matched the new growth, and the growth on the other side of your head. In our salon, a full head color goes for $55, so we would of charged about $30, depending on the length. In our salon, I probably would have corrected the problem for free, to keep you as a client, and to show good faith when something goes bad. You must remember, that even though we are the professionals, things sometimes just go wrong, and all we can do is our best. As for recourse, I don't think there is anything you can do. Maybe tell the stylist that you are not happy and see if she will give you a refund (probably not) or credit toward another service.
Best of luck to you, and good health. MLM
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic