Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

••HELP!•• (hair mess!)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
FreshMaiden View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreshMaiden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ••HELP!•• (hair mess!)
    Posted: August 15 2000 at 6:30am
I used to highlight my brown hair, it was great at first, but it seemed like everytime I went back to get my roots highlighted my hair became blonder and blonder until I was totally blonde and not a good blonde either a white/yellow blonde, SO....I started using temp. colors on my hair, I started with reds but it soon washed out to a really drap greyish-green, so I went for a perm. color in brown which soon washed out to a greyish-green as well.

Is there ANYTHING I can do to make the color last for more than 4 shampoos? I'm having most of my hair cut off tomorrow, which I am really sad about, but it will grow back, thing is my roots are only about 2 inches long and I am NOT getting it cut that short, so I am in this dying for the long haul - and its killing me and my hair.

Any suggestions?
HairBrains View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HairBrains Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2000 at 2:01pm
To prevent the fading to the greyish green drab, you need to start with a gold base color.as the proccess would go - use a gold base color a shade lighter than the color you want to end up with. Then lightly shampoo, condintion and towel dry very well, then apply the color you are trying to acheive. What this does is first replaces the gold tones that were bleached out. From there it allows you to get back to a natural color.
Good luck, Keep us posted!!
FreshMaiden View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreshMaiden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2000 at 12:21pm
The mess got worse after my first post! I finally had it all cut off!!! Its now in a very short bob (think Scully - X-Files!) But believe it or not I rather like it, I thought I would HATE it after having it long (think 1998-ish Rachel) but now that its short, its healthy, its shiny and its keeping the color, no more drab grey-green and best of all its a snap to do, I may not look as 'good' as when it was longer, but I feel 100% better about it and hey, its only hair, it will grow back (hopefully!)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic