Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

should I bleach my hair?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Roxy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roxy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: should I bleach my hair?
    Posted: April 04 2001 at 11:43pm
Hey!does anyone know about bleaching hair? I colored my hair a couple times and now it is a light brown. I want it a yellowish-blond. Dose bleach make it a yellowish-blond? Should I bleach my hair? Dose the color I have in it now going to effect the result of the bleach? How long should I wait to recolor my hair?
W/B Thanx!!!
Fiona View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiona Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2001 at 1:03pm
Reply to message: 7.909.1
Yes, bleach will make your hair blonde, but it will destroy the condition of the hair if used all over, especially hair that is already colored. Why don`t you try doing foil highlights on just selected strands. The highlights will blend in nicely with your light brown color. The one color look is outdated, varying colors is the modern way to do hair.
Sunny31 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunny31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2001 at 11:19pm
Reply to message: 7.911.1
I had colored my really dark brown hair to a med to auburn brown, then hubby wanted me to go blonde.
I started with highlights but he wanted it all over, so i wasted that money i paid to get my hairlighted.
I went and got borneblonde (blue) it stripped the color from my hair and left me with a golden blonde color. It had a yellow tint too. It looked ok, but a month later (last week, i used maxi blonde cause hubby wanted it lighter(white) and the roots were growing too, anyways, i did it twice cause the frist time left it the same color, the second time looked whiter but still some yellowish tones. So today i decide to put a light golden blonde to take out the yellow, and to tone it more, so i did, the color looks great, but my poor hair is way over processed!! it started breaking off i panicked!! my friend came over and said it was ok, i broke a little, but i am really distressed over it. So if you strip your hair, don`t over do.
The born blonde products are good, but to much to soon will mess your healthy hair up quick.
I use some stuff with glycerine on my hair, and other vitiamin products, it is helping, but be careful please!!
Sorry got so long, but i didn`t want you to over do as i did.
Natalie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Natalie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2001 at 10:58am
Just curious, why did you let your husband dictate to you what color you hair should be? Did you really want to have very light blonde hair or did you just do it to please your husband? NO man is going to dictate to me what to do to my hair.
Natalie
Renee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2001 at 9:06am
Good on ya Natalie -
thats exactly what I was going to say
duke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2001 at 12:20pm
Reply to message: 7.911.1
quote:
Fiona originally wrote:
Reply to message: 7.909.1
Yes, bleach will make your hair blonde, but it will destroy the condition of the hair if used all over, especially hair that is already colored. Why don't you try doing foil highlights on just selected strands. The highlights will blend in nicely with your light brown color. The one color look is outdated, varying colors is the modern way to do hair.

OUTDATED? So it`s outdated to look like a natural person? That`s the conformist attitude I`m talking about. Stylists want you to have stripes all over your hair, but probably not because you`ll look better; because
you will pay more for the expensive process of highlighting.

Is it outdated to just be yourself? If so, then I must be a senior citizen. Why am I not entitled to a smaller
bus fare?

At this rate, in 10 years, those who don`t want to submit to at least one tattoo orpkiercing somewhere on themeslves will be locked up in senility wards.
Renee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2001 at 7:05am
Ummm, Duke I think you`re going a lil overboard there but yes I do totally agree with your point.

It`s fine to bleech/streak your hair but not because `The one color look is outdated` - that is bull. Natural is beautiful.

So I say do whatever YOU want.

Kimberlina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimberlina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2001 at 6:13am
Once again, HIGHLIGHTING CAN LOOK NATURAL!

I think it adds to a person`s natural colour, gives it more depth, especially with my colour. Lots of people have really boring browny blonde hair that has no life and want to spruce it up a bit, what`s wrong with highlights?

You could be misled into thinking that highlights need to be these stripes on people`s hair. They generally mix with the other hairs firstly, and very often are just a little lighter than the ordinary hair.

I think colours and cuts of hair are completely individual and tend to reflect the person, so what if other people don`t like it, it`s them. =)

Give up on the quest of highlighting is ugly. Let and let live. Don`t get highlights or streaks yourself, I think that`s enough. =)

Bye now
Kim
From the one and only Kimberlina from Australia!
duke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2001 at 8:30am
Reply to message: 7.1036.1
I do let live, Kimberlina. But when someone asks for
advice, I give it based on what I feel, not on what I
hear is the fashion of the moment. You`ll do whatever you want, and i won`t blame YOU for it, but I`m distressed at how being yourself seems to be a value
being lost in society. But never mind. I wouldn`t be
making an issue of it if less people did it. I of course can`t ultimately do anything about it except not get highlights myself, and yes, I think that`s fair.
Natalie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Natalie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2001 at 3:30pm
Reply to message: 7.1048.1
To clarify what I was trying to say, my point was that if you color hair at all, it`s better and more modern to do highlights and not just a one tone color. If you look at natural uncolored hair, it is not just one color, it has highlights in it. Yes, they are subtle, but they are there. So if you just color hair one color all over, it will look very unnatural, and not at all like uncolored hair. I don`t mean you should put platinum highlights on very dark hair. The highlights should be no more than two or three levels above the base color. The lightest highlights should be around the face and they should get darker as you go towards the back of the hair.
Natalie
dianefromcanada View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dianefromcanada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2001 at 7:56pm
Reply to message: 7.1052.1
If we really looked at our natural hair it has more than one color. I know for myself I have blond, darker blond, brown, red and dark brown etc. so it would make sense to highlight to try to give the whole look a more natural look if someone choose to change their hair color.
dianefromcanada
mandy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mandy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 16 2001 at 3:42am
Hey! my natural hair colour is medium brown but right now it is light brown/blonde
i wannt go lighter blonde
whats the best way to go lighter? without the brassy orangish colours?? plese help! :)
mwa luv ya! :)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic