Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Orange and yellow patchwork!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
cathi View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cathi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Orange and yellow patchwork!
    Posted: August 27 2001 at 2:52pm
For years I have had my naturally dirty-blonde hair professionally foiled/highlighted. Times have been very tough finanancially, and I haven`t been able to afford the salon in over 6 months. Although I always stayed on the natural/conservative side with my highlights, I had several inches of dard outgrowth that was bothering me.
So, I purchased a Clairol highlight kit this past weekend and decided to take care of the outgrowth myself.
I applied it as the instructions directed, painting it on thin strands of hair. Because my ends were already light from previous foiling/highlighting, I concentrated the mixture mainly in the root area.
I know have various shades of very bright orange and yellow hair! It`s horrible---so bad that I`m sitting at work with a baseball cap on. My hair is just past shoulder length, and the bottom 1/2 looks fine. But the area around my face, crown, ear area, etc. is gross.
I can`t get in to see my professional hairdresser (the one I`ve been avoiding a/c no money) until late this week. I don`t want to put any more color/chemicals on it, but was wondering if anyone knows of any `good` ideas that will help in the meantime? Are there any safe shampoos that may help take the brightness out? Any natural stuff I can goop on to conteract the color? I`ve poked around on and learned that blue is the opposite of orange.....what blue stuff will help? Anything I shouldn`t use ? Right now I use tea tree shampoo and conditioner but something tells me that it might not be the best thing to use on orange hair. Any and all feedback would be appreciated.
Thanks!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic