Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - My hairdresser has really messed my hair up!!!!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

My hairdresser has really messed my hair up!!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Jeanette View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeanette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My hairdresser has really messed my hair up!!!!!
    Posted: October 15 2001 at 1:45am
I am so angry and at the same time sad about what has happened to my hair. My regular stylist went on maternity leave. They could not find her cards so the girl who took her clients while gone called her and asked her what she did on my hair. I told her I would rahter let my brown come back then take a chance on not getting in right and she went into this spill on 12 years of experience...bla bla bla! They bleach my roots and then foil it. The outsome is always the same. Granted each time a little more highlights obviously because of the foils. Well she did my outgrowth and it cam out bright red! I had told her the stuff she was putting on my hair was diffrent looking then what Theresa normally used. She said no this is what she uses. Then the next thing she put on my hair was bleach and it lifted it to YELLOW! She wouldn`t even let me out of the bowl to see this. I knew it was bad because the other stylists were coming and looking at my hair. Trying to act like they were getting something. So then she put some violet toner on it. Then she did the foils. What I am left with is orang hair with blond highlights. To top it all off forget the cosmetic part but I have a few blisters and my scalp feels fried. I pur some biologe condition balm on last night and that helped a bit. My scalp does not even feel like it is mine. Like it is numb. Unbelievably I don;t have any hair loss or breakage because my hair is really strong thank goodness and I take care of it and only use professional hair products. I am so mad at my sylist I feel she really let me down. I mean I feel like she was entitled to take her damn maternity leave but she should have taken care of her clients before leaving. The girl that did my hair feels terrible and wants to fix it on tuesday. Something aboout putting some brown in it with foils. She said she won;t be putting anything on my scalp. I just feel like I dont trust either one of them. I am afraid when I go in there I am going to end up freaking out and telling her off because each day I wake up and have to look in the mirror at myself I feel like going down there and grabbing her by her hair and doing the same thing to her. Then telling her I am sorry. I have always had nice hair and people know how seriously I take my hair and I am pissed! What in the world can I do? How the heck do you get rid of this damned orange hair. I almost want to just run down to rite-aid and put a light brown on it and call it good and chalk it up to experience. Please help if there are any true prosfessionals out there that know what to do.

Thank You,
Jeanette T
kds View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2001 at 12:07pm
I am really sorry aboout your hair. You mentioned going to rite aid to get some light brown--DON`T!! It won`t cover up the blond/orange. I even had a professional try to take my blonde hair back to auburn and it turned out peach. I hope you find a professional who can help you out. Best of luck!
Merlin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Merlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2001 at 12:48pm
Reply to message: 7.1239.1
Sorry to hear about your bad experience and I hope your hair is back to its natural color by now. Orange hair is more common than you might think. So common, in fact, that Clairol has published the solution in their Clairol Professional color correction guide. It most often occurs from repeated bleach attempts. An experienced colorist may have another solution, but this should work. Quoted from the Clairol Professional Site: Recommend a soft neutral Level 6-Dark Blonde color using a gentle, nonammonia product like Complements Long-Lasting Semi-Permanent True Tone Gel Color. By combining neutral and blue/violet Complements shades, the formula will help neutralize the gold-orange base. Here`s how: 1. Mix the following formula in a bottle or bowl: 1-1/2 oz. Complements Semi-Permanent Gel Color 6N-S Dark Natural Blonde 1/2 oz. Complements Semi-Permanent Gel Color 6A-S Dark Ash Blonde 2 oz. Complements Color Prompter. 2. If the client`s hair is extremely porous, apply the formula to damp hair, first at the scalp and 1-inch out, then down the shaft to the ends. 3. Strand-test to determine timing, checking every 5 minutes up to 15 minutes. 4. When desired results are achieved, rinse, shampoo and condition. I sincerely hope you will never have need of this formula.

Merlin
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic