Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

DON"T HIGHLIGHT AT HOME!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
annonymous View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote annonymous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DON"T HIGHLIGHT AT HOME!!!!
    Posted: November 19 2001 at 11:34pm
well, about 2 months ago i decide to re-highlight my lower than waist-length light brown hair. i had used the haircolor before, and it always turned out looking great, well this time the color bled throught the cap in large blotches (mostly on the crown of my head) and instead of light brown it turned my hair an odd orange-y blonde color, not to mention how bad it dried out my hair(btw if i do say so myself, my hair was gorgeous, thicker, but like jennifer anniston pre-bob) when i went to the salon not only did i have to dye it near black i had to cut it to about 3 inches lower than my shoulders, i never thought i would be so shallow as to cry so much for hair, but i did!!the worst part about it was that i had been growing my hair out for 2 years after i went from butt length to bra strap length. well i learned my lesson i will never use revlon again that is if i ever get the nerve to touch this hair with color which i doubt
Katelyn View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katelyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2001 at 1:21pm
Reply to message: 7.1291.1
I highlight my hair at home and it works fine. Of course,my hair is not that long, about an inch above my shoulders. In general, highlighting and color does not work well on super-long hair because it takes so long to apply the color to the hair. By the time you finish applying the color, the color has been on the first pieces much longer than on the last pieces leading to uneven color. I really don`t understand why people want to have hair that long. Doesn`t it get in your way and take forever to blow dry?
real name is jen View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote real name is jen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2001 at 4:23pm
hey katelyn, actually, my hair was easier to handle when it was that long, the weight of it made getting it straight so much easier, now that it`s shorter, i have to flat iron it cuz my hair is thick as anything now, and as for it getting in my way, i have never had short hair, i have always kept it a minimum of waist length, so now with shorter hair it`s a hassle, and even though i love cute short cuts, it`s just not my thing (it makes my ovel face look like a ball, i`ve tried on wigs)and besides i think long hair never goes out of style---except for the women who look like horses with like 5 feet of hair. it always gets thin at the bottom and looks nasty. i don`t know i guess that`s just my opinion.....
Natalie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Natalie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2001 at 1:37pm
You know, Jen what you said is very true. I have very thick hair. I used to wear it no longer than chin length because I thought it would be too hard to handle long. But at chin length, it always looked poofy, if you know what I mean. Now, I have grown it to about two inches below my shoulders and it lies down nicely and I don`t even have to blow dry it or flat iron it.
Natalie
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic