Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

HELP! Two Tone Hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
demodoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demodoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HELP! Two Tone Hair
    Posted: January 22 2002 at 10:26am
Here is my problem. To save money I went to a new (cheaper) hairstylist who was highly recommended by a friend. My friend has fine hair like mine and was very impressed with the way this stylist did her highlights. Since she is about $50.00 cheaper than the people I was going to I decided to switch. So first she cut my hair. It is short and was in what was called an "inverted" style which meant that the back was graduated up to the level of the sides which are about the length of my ear lobes. I am trying to grow it into a one length bob so this was recommended as a good way to go--just keep cutting the bottom layer of the back off. But it was looking sort of choppy in the back. The new stylist said this was because of my highlights--that they looked like little chops and that the bottom part of the back of my hair should be dyed to my natural color. The highlights would come about halfway down the back of my head then the natural color would take over and no more choppy look.

Well, that is what she did and the bottom isn`t choppy but it is BLACK and really looks weird. Everybody keeps asking me what happened and why is the back of my head black. I called back and told her I can`t live with this color contrast because it is just too weird and I would rather have the choppy look. She said she can`t highlight the bottom because it is too short but she can do something. So I go back tomorrow evening for the fix.

But my question is: What can she do to make it look normal? At this point I want to go in there armed with expert advise. I am not a kid (I am 45) so weird, funky color just looks silly on me. Anyone out there had this experience? What can be done to correct this without making it worse????

Thanks for any help.
"It is better to look marvelous than to feel marvelous" Billy Crystal
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic