Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

HELP!!! Evil hairdressers!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
turquoise_girl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turquoise_girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HELP!!! Evil hairdressers!
    Posted: November 07 2002 at 2:41pm
use lots of bobby pins to keep the hair back and then put on one of those fake buns- i think thats the best idea
Julie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Julie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 31 2002 at 7:30am
you could scrape your hair back by & secure it with gel to keep in any short layers . Another lady has suggested revlon hair bands. They have hair attached to them all ready. They do straight & curly, all different colours, Revlon use a mixed hair fibre to give a natrual look.These are very good as with all revlon products . The hair quality is excellent, Get a contact number from the website, they should give you a number of a store near you that stocks them. The band will not intrude your natural hair!! They are very quick & effortless to put in. Be sure to get a good colour match & take a mirror with if you decide on this solution & select in natrual daylight. Go near a window if need be !!!!!! Next time sack the hairdresser!! some of them can get bossy & to big for their boots . If there is a next time,DO NOT LET the HAIRDRESSER BULLY YOU. If you loose the part in your show as a result of your hair, make the salon pay for your inconvenience. Always complain. Go back,Tell them that you are not happy. They may help you with your problem & compensate you by doing your hair before the show. if you have been visting the salon for a while this should not be a problem if they are reasoanble people who like to please customers. When going to a New hairdresser`s explain your past issues & warn them before hand . make it perfectly clear before they start snipping. GOOD LUCK with your show !!!! & your hair
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2002 at 8:58am
Originally posted by baby*flower baby*flower wrote:

the stylist i know always cuts more off than i want so i stopped going to him but then all the other one i went to also cut too much off ! i hate that!

Anyone watch TLC`s Makeonver Story? I am amazed everytime I watch it to see how many stylist lie about how short they are going to cut the hair. They will start by putting their hand around collar bone area and saying "I wanna bring you up to here" and then end up cutting it well above shoulder length. I guess my message in all this is ladies beware and forcefull about what you want and don`t pay when you don`t get it!
kizzybizzy View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kizzybizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2002 at 5:20am
Originally posted by Lynn Lynn wrote:

Yesterday my hairdresser cut my hair far too short- she always cuts it an inch shorter than I ask, but next month I`m in a show (is now a good time to mention I`m tapping in a musical?) and it HAS TO BE IN A BUN. At the moment it`s only barely scraping into a ponytail- and the show is next month! Is there anything I can do to get my hair to grow 2-3 inches in a month?!?! I`m trying to stay away from hair extensions...

why don`t you just buy a peace of fake hair! you can buy that everywhere and almost everyone has one! I bought one at the market, they`ve got them in every haircolour!
good luck
baby*flower View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baby*flower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2002 at 7:07pm
the stylist i know always cuts more off than i want so i stopped going to him but then all the other one i went to also cut too much off ! i hate that!
liz_naz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liz_naz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2002 at 6:49pm
i think u shud just wear extensions, jsut for the day

only solution really anih?? :S
:|
---------------x
:Liz_Naz* (",)
Shani View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 29 2002 at 12:12am
I`m so sorry this happened to you. But really, these days there is no shame at all associated with hair extensions. [And of course, they were always used theatrically. You can maybe force someone to cut their hair for a part, but just how are they going to grow long hair suddenly!] The big stars all use them constantly - you`re just in good company now!
Lyris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2002 at 10:19pm
I understand completely why you have to have your hair in a bun for a character--I`m a stage person too. Sally Beauty has a collection of Revlon Ready to wear hair buns that you clip over your own hair. You can see them here:
http://www.sallybeauty.com/shop/product.asp?pf%5Fid=172351&dept%5Fid=2410

I strongly recommend you visit a Sally near you--hopefully there is one--and take a look at these. If you pull your hair back into a tight ponytail, secure with hairspray and a whole lotta pins, you should be able to achieve a bun look by pinning the "spare hair" over it. Personally I love the clip-on revlon stuff--you can have a long curly ponytail instantly. I hope this helps you some. Good luck on stage! :-)
Look for beauty, and you will find no intelligence. Look for intelligence and you will find both.Proud member of the Cult of All Soft
EmilyM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmilyM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2002 at 5:25pm
I don`t know the details of her show, but I also dance and perform in shows, and how the director says you have to have your hair, and what you have to wear, you don`t argue with, or you find youself not doing the show at all!! I think the only other thing that you could do is put your hair in a ponytail then get some of that fake hair stuff, which is like puns already and stuff. I don`t know how to expalin what I mean, but hopefully you understand!
~*~*~*Emily*~*~
Cayte View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cayte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2002 at 3:02pm
Why not find a stylist who respects your wishes?

Cayte
felix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote felix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2002 at 6:44am
You can`t, unless your hair grows that fast naturally. (I believe it normally grows half an inch a month). Which means either extensions, or avoiding the bun.

(It may be a stupid question, but why does it have to be in a bun?)
-f
Lynn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2002 at 1:50am
Yesterday my hairdresser cut my hair far too short- she always cuts it an inch shorter than I ask, but next month I`m in a show (is now a good time to mention I`m tapping in a musical?) and it HAS TO BE IN A BUN. At the moment it`s only barely scraping into a ponytail- and the show is next month! Is there anything I can do to get my hair to grow 2-3 inches in a month?!?! I`m trying to stay away from hair extensions...
Lynn G
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic