Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Don`t Mix Color at Home!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
CarrieM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CarrieM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Don`t Mix Color at Home!!!
    Posted: May 27 2002 at 2:51am
Don`t go to Beauty Mart and buy color, developer, and toner to mix your own haircolor and save money!!! A year ago, I did just that and made a terrible coloring mistake. My lowlights were fading into a reddish color (which I hated), so I decided to re-color my hair myself a brown color to fix it. So, I went to Beauty Mart and chose a Wella brand hair color, and bought toner and developer to go along with it. I talked with an employee at the store about the whole thing, and she explained the process to me. It didn`t sound too difficult, so I went home, and mixed the tube of hair color with the amount of chemicals the woman at Beauty Mart had advised. Then, I applied the mixture to my hair. A while later, I rinsed out the color, and, to my horror, saw a very dark brown, almost black color emerge. I wanted to cry. I had to go and pay to get it fixed, which entirely defeated the purpose of doing the process myselt, plus I was out the cost of all the supplies. Lesson: Never, ever try to mix your own colors unless you`re a professional. The Clairol or L`Oreal boxed colors you buy at Target come with the exact amount of proper ingredients and can turn out great if you follow the directions. The color in the tubes you can buy at Beauty Mart or similar stores is like the concentrated color your stylist mixes with the developer before he/she does your hair. They know what they`re doing, you probably don`t.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic