Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

SHAVE MY HEAD?? HELP!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
KAREN8263 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KAREN8263 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SHAVE MY HEAD?? HELP!!
    Posted: May 30 2002 at 5:24pm
Help! I have colored, bleached, re colored and now my hair is so poreous that I cant get the color right or to stay long...I heard there is something called protien replacement? for the hair shaft. does anyone know about this or have used it..I want to recolor this weekend ( I now have greenish,gold hair) back to a medium brown (natural hair color) but I dont want to get even deeper in hair color hell.
Please help...
TAKE CARE WITH YOUR HAIR!
lucky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2002 at 11:35am
Wow, that`s a lot of processing. The only times I`ve had experience with protein to the hair other than the natural way -
(good diet and supplements) it made my hair feel like straw! TERRIBLE!

Can`t you go to a reputable salon and have the gold "lifted".
I`ve even seen color stripping products in beauty supply chains.
I would check around where you live and outskirts for stylists that advertise color as their specialty & get their advice first.
Trust me its worth the time and $ to have it done right.
marielaveaux28 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marielaveaux28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2003 at 6:29pm
Do not try to strip your hair color it will only make it worse. There is a product called CAT by Redken it is a protien treatment for your hair and it works!!!!!
Shampoo your hair with a gentle shampoo make sure you get all the water out of your hair and apply CAT to your hair and let it set for about 5 minutes. Do this three times in a row. My cousin dyes her hair blonde ( it's naturally a dark brown color) One day she decided to get a perm, right after the perm she dyed it blonde (leaving the dye in her hair for 2 hours!!!) Her hair was like a big wad of gum and her mother put the CAT treatment in her hair and it fixed it!!!!!!!!!!!! So try this before you do anything else.....
cutitoff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cutitoff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2003 at 11:32am
Wow, that sounds bad KAREN8263, but I just suggest shaving it off. I mean it would be cheaper to do, and easier to take care off. Just my suggestion though.
Tired of your hair getting in your way
or being a hassle, then lose your
locks!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic