Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - I wanted lighter highlights...not ORANGE..Help!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I wanted lighter highlights...not ORANGE..Help!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Jane View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I wanted lighter highlights...not ORANGE..Help!!
    Posted: June 02 2002 at 2:54pm
Ok, to make a long story short...I have naturally brown hair (pretty dark). I usually get natural highlights that look good but are not very noticable. My hubby usually can`t even tell. Well, with summer here, I thought I would be daring and go lighter. I told my regular stylist that I wanted lighter highlights. She said there was only one tint lighter I could go and she would pull out larger chunks (through the cap). Well, let`s just say that my hair look MUCH lighter EVERYWHERE and it has an ORANGE look to it! It`s awful!

So, my stylist said she could darken it for me on Tuesday (Tuesday can`t come soon enough). BUT, I am worried. What is she going to do? Should she use the cap again and just darken it this time (I don`t know how she could possibly pull through all the same orange hairs) or should she dye my whole head darker? I have heard that tinting can cause it to look grey so I`m a little worried about that too.

By the way, I don`t blame my hair stylist for this. It was my fault to tell her to go that light...apparently hair as dark as mine tends to go GOLD or ORANGE instead of blonde.

Any ideas would be GREATLY appreciated!!

Jane
rome19047 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rome19047 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2002 at 6:18pm
Jane, you should blame your stylist, all she had to do was put an ash toner over your orange and it would have been gone, it would only have taken a few minutes to apply, and maybe 10 to 15 to sit and then rinsed out. She should not have to put it through a cap again, since the hair is lighter, all you have to do is put the level you tried to get with a little ash in the formula, she could apply with a bottle or just shampoo it all over your head, it won`t affect the darker peices because the level is lighter. It`s ashame she did not take care of it there. Very easy to fix.
robin View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2002 at 12:02pm
that lady does not know what she is doing. you cant really lighten dark hair without using bleach and the toning. if she only used a highlight or even a dye you will get an orange cast to your hair. check out the going blonde message board (do a search on yahoo) and you should find a lot of useful info. by the way, i would find another colorist that knows what she is doing. if you tries to do a tint back you could end up with green hair since some of the pigments were removed. need to remove the color she put on first and get a filler put in.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic