Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Help!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Kel View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help!!!
    Posted: June 11 2002 at 1:57pm
I just recently had a perm put in my hair. And it turned out to be one of the biggest mistakes I have very made. A few months ago I had highlights put in my hair. The combination of the bleach and the perm really ruined the condition of my hair. Not only is it not curly, only wavy and frizzy, but it really really looks bad. Is there any product that you can recommend that would help me? Should I try to straighten it? Please help....
demodoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demodoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2002 at 4:29pm
Try deep conditioning treatments and leave them on for as long as possible. If you can put some plastic wrap around your head and cover with a towel and leave on for about two hours, all the better. Do that for several days and see if it helps at all. Then consider getting a new style. Cutting as much of the perm off as you can stand will really help. Believe me, I have been there, done that more than once and the best solution is to get rid of as much perm as possible. But the conditioning treatments will help alot. Also, use some velcro rollers to see if you can smooth out some of the frizz while taking advantage of the body that the perm gives you.

Good luck. It will go away with time.
"It is better to look marvelous than to feel marvelous" Billy Crystal
Lyris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2002 at 7:19pm
I`m sorry to hear about your hair! I can sympathize, having done some really harsh things to my own. As the above poster pointed out, deep conditioning can really help. No conditioner on the market can EVER repair your hair (since the hair is dead and isn`t creating new healthy cells) but using a good emollient-based one can make a difference in how your hair looks and feels. I really like Aura Cherry Almond Bark revitalizing conditioner. It`s similiar to the Aveda product but much cheaper and more effective (for me at least.) I get it at Sally`s. Physique`s Intense Moisture isn`t bad either. The trick is to leave it on as long as possible. Once a week I sleep with conditioner in my hair (just put a towel on your pillow first!) I also recommend using a gentle shampoo with mild detergents such as sodium laureth sulfate. Sodium lauryl sulfate, the TEAs and the ammoniums can be a little too drying for some people. Also avoid washing your hair frequently...if you can go 2-3 days it`s better since that`s less detergent on your hair and less wear and tear on the cuticle. Good luck! :-)
Look for beauty, and you will find no intelligence. Look for intelligence and you will find both.Proud member of the Cult of All Soft
Hazzwop View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hazzwop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2002 at 10:34am
AGAIN HOW TRADGIC, I THINK SHE SHOULD GET OUT THE CLIPPERS AND BUZZ THE FUZZ, THAT WOULD TEACH YOU A VALUEABLE LESSON NOT TO MIX PERMS AND COLOR...WHO KNOWS, YOU MIGHT REALLY ENJOY A NICE HIGH AND TIGHT SUPER SHORT CROP...IF NOT WHAT THE HECK, START OUT FRESH
marielaveaux28 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marielaveaux28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2003 at 6:18pm
Before you do anything drastic like cut off your hair you may want to try CAT by Redken. It will put protien back in your hair and it will make it 65% stronger. I've seen this stuff do wonders on hair alot worse than your's. Right now I'm having a little problem with my hair, but I'm using CAT and it's helping alot. I hope this helps!!!!!!!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic